Do you want to prepare a delicious sauce with walnuts to accompany your favorite dishes? We explain this recipe as rich as it is wonderful, full of essential nutrients.
This walnut sauce is very easy to make and is one more resource when it comes to varying our sauce recipes. The walnut sauce is ideal to accompany all kinds of pasta, fish, meat, salads, to spread on sponge or soft bread, even to fill peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, and zucchini.
It is the fruit from the tree called walnut and there are different varieties of walnuts such as Common, Parisenne, Payne, Partridge Beak, Eureka, and Hartley. The walnut is a dry fruit full of benefits and nutritional properties, among which we highlight its benefits when it comes to protecting our cardiovascular health and it is also an antioxidant fruit.
The studies carried out on this wonderful dried fruit come to consider it good to prevent the death of brain cells since its consumption protects us against the cognitive decline that usually occurs over the years.
The best season for walnuts is autumn, although we can see walnuts all year round in the market. In the market we can get them both with shells and already peeled and packaged.
It is a dry fruit that we could consider versatile since with it we can prepare many recipes both salty and sweet, in bakery, pastry. In the production of ice cream it is very common to see the caramelised walnut accompanying the cream and walnut ice cream.
It is advisable and healthy to eat a few nuts a day, three or four walnuts since it is a dry fruit with many calories.
The best way to preserve shelled walnuts is to store them in airtight glass jars to ensure that they are well closed and retain all their properties.
How to make the walnut sauce:
As we have said before, it is a very simple recipe to make, and in a few minutes we can have this wonderful walnut sauce ready to taste as we please.
- 200 grams of walnuts.
- One garlic clove.
- 100 grams of grated Grana Padano cheese.
- 200 grams of liquid cream.
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Some basil leaves.
- A pinch of black pepper
- A little bit of salt.
- Ideally, the shell-free walnuts should be ready beforehand.
- If that were not the case, we would start by cracking the shells and extracting the nuts.
- We crush the walnuts; finely chop the garlic clove and the basil that we have previously washed.
- In the blender we put all the previous ingredients, and we add the oil, the cheese, the cream, the pepper and the salt.
- We beat everything together well.
- We already have this exquisite walnut sauce ready with which we will accompany the dishes that we like the most.