The typical Christmas desserts are typical sweets of these parties. Learn how to make 3 of the most classic Christmas desserts to enjoy them like never before.
Now that October has kicked off, surely many of you who visit us every day have realized that there are barely a couple of months left until hundreds of the most colorful lights begin to flood every corner of our streets. Do you already know what we are talking about? Well, it couldn’t be anything other than the Magical Christmas.
This is also a time when the typical street chestnut vendors settle in the most central areas of the city, taking advantage of the fact that it is already considerably cold. All this without mentioning those Christmas meals with our closest friends and family that usually extends until the wee hours of the morning.
To make these meetings more enjoyable, we always tend to take all kinds of Christmas sweets, among which the mythical chocolate nougat stands out, which we already told you about in previous articles. However, we are lucky to say that the range of Christmas sweets does not end exclusively here.
Also very famous are the juicy marzipans, the torrijas with honey or that roscón de Reyes that children love after opening their gifts from January 6. For this reason, if you are interested in knowing how to cook them with your own hands, you are going to have to put all five senses into these three recipes that we propose below.
Homemade marzipan recipe. As simple as delicious
The marzipan does not need any kind of introduction. Unlike nougat, this sweet has a very fluffy texture that will delight more than one. All this without commenting that it is very easy to make.
Write down the following ingredients: 250 grams of ground almonds, 250 grams of icing sugar and an egg. Do you already have everything? So let’s get down to business:
- Mix the almond together with the sugar. To do this we can use a thermo mix to further chop this dried fruit. Then add the yolk and egg white separately.
- Knead by hand until you get a kind of paste. Then we will wrap it in a thin plastic and then let this mixture rest for half an hour so that all the ingredients settle well.
- We will give it the shape we want and put it in the oven. You can make both elongated shapes and spirals. Finally we add another layer of egg yolk with a kitchen brush. To finish, you just have to put them on the oven grill for about two or three minutes.
Torrijas recipe with honey. A sweet that never goes out of style
What would our lives be without our beloved torrijas? Surely many of you still have your grandmothers willing to do it with all their affection and love.
And for those who don’t, you can write down the following ingredients: eight tablespoons of condensed milk, an egg, milk, cinnamon, sliced bread, sunflower oil and honey. Once you have everything, we will have to prepare everything like this:
- We wet all the slices in milk. In a container where we will have previously added the cinnamon and the pieces of lemon peel. We wait for everything to soak well.
- We passed them through a well beaten egg. Then we will put them in a pan with hot sunflower oil until they are completely fried.
- We plate and wait for the remaining oil to go away. To do this we can put them on two strips of kitchen paper. We can give it the final touch we can sprinkle them with a little honey
Roscón de Reyes recipe. For a magical night
A great way to say goodbye to Christmas is through this roscón de Reyes recipe that will leave you completely amazed.
Although first of all, you are going to need 500 grams of flour, yeast, 100 grams of sugar, grated lemon, milk, butter, two eggs along with some candied fruit. When we have everything, we will have to do the following:
- We will heat the milk with the yeast. Once it is hot enough, add the 100 grams of flour. We remove it to cool down and then we will knead until we get a small ball. Then we will let it rest for two hours until it returns to its original size.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining flour with the rest of the ingredients. This is where we will leave a hole in the center to later add the eggs, milk, and sugar and lemon zest. Beat everything well together with a little butter. Let it rest for two hours and then put this dough in the oven with a little baking paper at a temperature of 160 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and shape into a donut. All that remains is to add the candied fruit with a little icing sugar to achieve that characteristic flavor. We put this dough back in the oven for half an hour and at the same temperature so that everything takes shape. After this, it only remains to give it a final push using the grill option.