The banana and yogurt sponge cake is a simple and quick recipe, very easy to make and with a delicious fluffy result. Find out how to easily do it at home.
If we are talking about a nutritious food, which in addition to being delicious is ideal in desserts and pastry recipes due to its sweet taste and smooth texture, would bananas be one of the foods that come to mind?
The truth is that it is a delicious and exquisite food, which can be eaten green (who likes to eat it that way) and ripe, and with which a wide variety of recipes can be made, without having to be sweet recipes.
Among the most popular and well-known recipes, banana nut bread is one of the most common, commonly known by the name Walnut banana bread. But it is not the only one, since we could also mention the delicious banana and yogurt cake whose recipe we want to talk to you about today.
It is an extremely simple dessert to make, the result of which is even better, since the sweet flavor of the banana is also combined with its particular and characteristic aroma. In addition, the yogurt makes it soft in texture.
Ingredients (for 7 people)
- 1 banana
- 1 banana yogurt
- 375 g of flour
- 1 sachet of chemical yeast
- 250g sugar
- 125 g of extra virgin olive oil
- The zest of 1 lemon
Preparation of the banana and yogurt cake
- Put the eggs in a clean container together with the sugar and the extra virgin olive oil.
- Wash the lemon well; grate the peel on top of the previous container.
- Mix everything with the help of an electric mixer.
- In another container put the flour and baking powder, mixing everything well. Then add it to the bowl of the eggs and sugar.
- Add the banana yogurt and mix again.
- Peel the banana, cut it into small pieces and carefully incorporate it into the dough.
- Put the oven to preheat to 180º C.
- With a little olive oil spread an ideal mold for sponge cakes. Sprinkle the edges with a little flour as well, in this way you will prevent the dough from sticking and it will be difficult to unmold it when it is cooked.
- Pour the dough inside the mold and put it in the oven at 180º C for 40 minutes.
- You can test if the cake is ready by pricking it with a wooden toothpick or a fork. If it comes out clean, it is already cooked. But do the test when the cooking time has passed, since if you open the oven door in the middle of cooking, you run the risk that it will not cook well.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool down. When it is warm, remove it from the mold.
- Ready! You can now enjoy it whenever you want.
And how could we eat it? It is ideal to accompany it with a little whipped cream or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Delicious.