Fruits are wholesome and healthy food that is why it is good to eat fruits every day. But, do you know that they also provide other equally interesting properties?
Some time ago the Spanish Ministry of Health launched an information campaign that has undoubtedly become one of the most popular of all that have been carried out so far. And it is that from then on we were well impressed with how important and necessary it is to eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, as a recommended and recommended option when it comes to following a healthy and balanced diet, and when it comes to improving and keep our own health in good condition.
The fruit, therefore, are natural foods that provide benefits and very interesting properties. On the one hand, they provide a great diversity of essential nutrients, they are very rich in fiber and water, and they also become an ideal option when it comes to controlling our weight, since they hardly have calories and yet they do tend to be satiating.
As we briefly indicated in the previous lines, fruits stand out from the outset for being very rich foods in different essential nutrients, such as:
- Vitamins: Most fruits provide a good amount of vitamins. As you surely know, vitamins are essential nutrients for our body and for our health, which fulfill certain functions depending on the type of vitamin it is. Thus, for example, while vitamin C or vitamin E are antioxidants and help to strengthen our immune system, vitamin A is essential for the good health of our eyes.
- Minerals: As with vitamins, minerals are also essential and fundamental nutrients for our body. In fruits we can find a great diversity of them, such as iron, potassium, magnesium, zinc.
- Fiber: In general, most fruits are rich or very rich in soluble fiber. This type of fiber is essential for the proper functioning of our intestinal transit, helping to prevent or relieve constipation.
- Water: Fruits also stand out for their incredible richness in water. That is why they are so cleansing and diuretic, helping our body’s natural process of eliminating toxins that we do not need and that have accumulated.
- Natural antioxidants: Fruits provide not only antioxidant vitamins, but also certain substances and compounds with antioxidant qualities, which among other things help reduce the negative consequences that free radicals cause on our health.
Beneficial for your cardiovascular system.
Since fruits are rich in antioxidants, fiber and water, they become ideal foods for your cardiovascular system. In this sense, they are very interesting when you have high cholesterol, because they help reduce high levels of total cholesterol and LDL (bad) cholesterol while increasing HDL (good) cholesterol. On the other hand, they are also ideal for reducing high blood pressure, and they improve our blood circulation in a very positive way.
- Fruits to reduce cholesterol and triglycerides: Fruits such as apples, grapes, strawberries and citrus fruits (such as oranges, lemons and kiwis) stand out.
- Fruits to reduce high blood pressure: Fruits such as banana and lemon stand out. In addition, certain parts of other fruits provide this interesting quality, such as coconut water and watermelon seeds.
Help to lose weight:
Fruits are generally very low calorie foods. In addition, they practically do not provide any fat. Therefore, they are ideal both in weight loss diets and in weight control diets, because they tend to satiate the appetite without adding any fat.
Special mention can be made of avocados and coconut, although both fruits are very rich in healthy fats, which help reduce cholesterol and triglycerides.
When it comes to losing weight, fruits such as apple, pear, papaya, guava, strawberries and kiwi stand out.
They are refreshing and they are also delicious:
Who could resist a delicious fresh fruit cocktail on a hot day? The truth is that they become the healthiest option when it comes to refreshing our body, much more than ice cream or gelatin, especially because of its richness in water. That is why they also help us quench our thirst, especially on the hottest days.
Ideal for purifying our body:
Precisely because of its richness in water, fiber and natural antioxidants, fruits help a lot when it comes to purifying our body. In fact, they are ideal foods to eliminate toxins and waste that have accumulated and that our body does not need.
In addition, due to their richness in antioxidants, they are useful to reduce the negative effects of free radicals.
They help us prevent diseases:
If we eat fruit every day we will be providing our body with essential nutrients that help strengthen our immune system, which in turn is useful when it comes to preventing certain diseases. For example, vitamin E is known to be useful in the prevention of cancer and certain cardiovascular diseases, thanks to its antioxidant and protective benefits. On the other hand, although there are still doubts about how vitamin C acts in the prevention of flu and colds, it is known that those who follow a diet rich in fruits get sick less, while those who do, if they eat fruits rich in vitamin C tend to shorten the period of infection and also relieve your symptoms.