The benefits of garlic, lemon and onion make them 3 essential foods that we should eat daily in our diet. Find out why they are so important to our health.
Following a varied and balanced diet is simply essential when it comes to enjoying adequate nutrition and good health, especially if the chosen diet is based on the inclusion of healthy, fresh and natural foods, especially rich in essential nutrients for our organism. In this sense, it is true that three foods stand out that, due to their wonderful curative and preventive qualities, become options that could not be lacking in our day to day: onion, garlic and lemon. Why?
The truth is that if we talk about superfoods we should actually refer to those foods that, due to their concentration of vitamins, minerals, nutrients and other healthy compounds and substances, stand out precisely above others because they constitute the best allies to achieve good health , and are essential when enjoying a varied diet rich in highly nutritious elements. Let’s say that they are indisputably essential foods when it comes to optimizing, in a natural way, the performance of our own diet.
Among the best-known superfoods we can obviously mention the most popular: acai berry, black garlic, Andean maca, turmeric, spirulina, and ginger or chia seeds. But why not also include other powerful foods with benefits not only curative or preventive, but with excellent nutritional wealth? This is the case of onion, garlic and lemon, three powerful foods that we should consume daily.
The incredible benefits of garlic, onion and lemon:
We are almost without any doubt faced with three powerful foods that surprise precisely because of their great curative, preventive and medicinal properties, and also because of their wide nutritional wealth. This means that they are foods that, in addition to helping us in the cure or prevention of certain diseases or health conditions, complement and complete our diet thanks to their nutritional contribution (for example, because they are rich in vitamins, minerals, trace elements, antioxidants and others healthy compounds or substances).
The properties of garlic:
Garlic are bulbs with white or whitish skin that are made up of a head; this head is in turn divided into different segments popularly known as garlic cloves. We are facing an extremely powerful food due to the following properties:
- Good for the circulatory system: Garlic is very rich in allicin, a compound with an anticoagulant effect, very useful when it comes to improving our blood circulation, preventing the formation of clots.
- Reduces blood pressure and high cholesterol: In case of high cholesterol or high blood pressure, garlic helps reduce both values, precisely because it improves blood circulation.
- Powerful antimicrobial and antibacterial: Due to its antibacterial and antimicrobial qualities, garlic is an excellent natural option for treating flu, colds and colds.
- Increases defenses: The different components present in garlic are useful when it comes to strengthening our immune system, so that regular consumption helps reduce infectious diseases such as colds and flu.
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: Garlic also acts as a natural anti-inflammatory, useful in reducing inflammation of the prostate or joints, in turn reducing joint pain.
The properties of onion:
The onion is an underground, edible bulb, whose origin dates back to 6,000 BC, where it spread from Asia through Europe and finally reached America. At present there are a wide diversity of varieties, which can be classified according to their shape, color, size, origin and uses. Regarding its properties, it stands out for the following benefits:
- Very rich in essential nutrients: While 90% of the composition of the onion is water, it stands out especially for its incredible richness in essential amino acids, minerals and trace elements (sulfur, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium and sodium) and vitamins (vitamin E, C and group B).
- Good for the kidneys: The onion becomes an essential food for the proper functioning of the kidneys, thanks to its diuretic action. For this reason it is also beneficial in case of arterial hypertension.
- Expectorant effect: It is a useful natural option in case of respiratory diseases, such as bronchitis or pharyngitis and also in case of colds and flu thanks to the fact that it helps to relieve and expel mucus better.
- Reduces cholesterol: In case of high cholesterol, its regular consumption helps to reduce and lower the high levels of fats in the blood.
- Good for diabetes: In case of diabetes this vegetable is useful to lower blood sugar levels, so its regular consumption is very suitable in case of suffering from this disease.
- Blood scrubber: Onion pairs perfectly with garlic as both are a wonderful natural option when it comes to cleansing the blood naturally.
The properties of lemon:
Lemon is a round and slightly elongated citrus fruit, with pale yellow flesh and skin divided into segments, and a very characteristic, extremely acidic flavor. When ripe, its yellow rind stands out for being very shiny. It stands out for its magnificent preventive and curative properties:
- Natural stimulator of the immune system: 100 grams of lemons provide around 53 mg. of vitamin C, an essential nutrient when it comes to increasing defenses and strengthening our immune system.
- Excellent cleansing: Did you know that lemon is one of the most cleansing fruits that exist? It is ideal when it comes to eliminating toxins, waste and impurities that have accumulated in our body. In addition, it is a magnificent natural liver cleanser, being useful to promote the production of bile and reduce the presence of fat in the liver (a condition as you may know medically known as fatty liver).
- Blood cleanser: There is no doubt that lemon is perfectly combined with garlic and onion, because these three ingredients become the best natural remedy when it comes to purifying the blood, helping to prevent diseases.
- Rich in natural antioxidants: Due to its richness in antioxidants, it is a wonderful natural option when it comes to reducing the negative action of free radicals, protecting our cells from certain diseases.
Any excuse not to add garlic, onion and lemon in your daily diet? An excellent option is to choose, for example, to eat crushed garlic every day, since when crushed we release allicin, one of the main compounds of this food and that we would not obtain if we eat it whole. To eat onions you can finely chop some in your salad, which will undoubtedly add value to this nutritious dish. And, to finish, you can opt for warm water with lemon to enjoy the most wonderful qualities of this beneficial fruit.