Watermelon gazpacho is a refreshing and delicious recipe, full of benefits. Discover how to make it easily at home, and thus enjoy a different plate full of vitamins.
The wise mother nature offers us during the summer season exquisite fruits rich in water and fiber with which we can prepare different recipes. At the same time they hydrate us and contribute to the proper functioning of our body.
And it is that combining these fruits with vegetables we can prepare very appetizing recipes in summer such as gazpachos known as cold soups and also cold creams. In fact, as we have already mentioned on occasion, gazpacho is characterized by being a cold soup made especially with tomato, to which peppers, garlic and olive oil are also added. However, it is not the same as salmorejo, although it is usually very common for them to be confused due to their quite similar appearance.
In addition to juices, we can use both fruits and vegetables to prepare different salad recipes. Fruits such as watermelon, melon, strawberries, and of course the selection of red berries or berries. Not in vain, already in a previous moment we explained to you how to make a delicious gazpacho with red fruits, a delicacy that will undoubtedly delight many, as it is a refreshing recipe ideal for the warmer months, which unlike the Classic gazpacho is characterized by being a sweeter option.
If you tried the previous recipe and liked it, or if you would like to try other fruits, it is also possible to prepare an exquisite watermelon gazpacho, an even more refreshing option than the previous one, which also stands out for being much more hydrating due to its high content. in water of this fruit.
How to make a watermelon gazpacho?
Ingredients you need:
- 750 grams of watermelon.
- 250 grams ripe but firm tomatoes.
- Half a clove of garlic.
- A piece of red pepper.
- Half an onion.
- 60 grams of bread from the day before.
- One teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- A glass of water (optional by itself it has been thick).
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil mild flavor.
- A little bit of coarse salt.
Watermelon gazpacho preparation:
We start by washing the tomatoes, the piece of pepper. We remove the skin from the onion, split and wash. We remove the skin from the garlic clove and take half. We cut the pepper and onion into squares.
Once they are divided, we crush them in the blender together with the garlic clove. Next, we also chop the tomatoes into small squares and add them to the blender. Blend well and then add the bread into pieces to this mixture. We beat everything together again.
Now we peel the watermelon and remove the seeds, cut it into small pieces and add it to the previous mixture. We activate the mixer again and beat everything well. Once blended we add the oil, vinegar and salt. We stir well with the help of a spoon.
We already have our watermelon gazpacho ready that we will reserve in the fridge to drink fresh at lunchtime. If we have found a thick gazpacho, we can lighten it by adding a little water to taste.
At the time of presenting the gazpacho we can give a few touches to the presentation by adding some watermelon balls.
The benefits of watermelon gazpacho
As we briefly mentioned at the beginning of this note, the watermelon gazpacho stands out above all for being a very refreshing dish , especially when it is served very cold. But it is also surprising for its incredible ability to hydrate our body (due to its high water content), being ideal in fact on summer days when we tend to sweat a lot, and for its nutritional richness:
- Hydrates and remineralizes: did you know that watermelon has a very high water content? For this reason, it is an ideal fruit for the hottest days, hence it is not by chance that it is a seasonal fruit that we find in the summer months. It is precisely because of that water content that it is a dish that hydrates our body, and also provides it with essential minerals.
- High content in minerals and vitamins: being a dish made with vegetables (such as tomatoes or peppers) and fruits (such as watermelon), there is no doubt that we are facing a tremendously nutritious recipe. For example, it provides magnesium and potassium, as well as folic acid, vitamin C and beta-carotene.
- Rich in lycopene: lycopene is a natural antioxidant that we find in certain foods, the tomato being one of the best known. Due to its antioxidant action, it helps prevent certain diseases (such as cancer), while reducing the negative action of free radicals, preventing premature cellular aging. It also provides other antioxidants, such as beta carotenes.
- Purifying: due to its richness in both water and minerals, it becomes an excellent option to help our body cleanse itself better. In addition, it stimulates diuresis and therefore the elimination of toxins that have accumulated in our body.
- Ideal in diets: if you follow a diet to lose weight, this is an ideal recipe because it hardly provides calories, and it is also tremendously rich in essential nutrients.