Soy pate is a wonderful vegetable option to enjoy a completely vegan pate. Discover how to make it at home easily with this recipe.
Whether you follow a vegetarian diet or if you follow a vegan lifestyle (which in turn includes the diet you eat every day), it is clear that vegetable patés become an excellent option when it comes to enjoying snacks, Breakfasts and snacks with a food product that is quite similar in texture and appearance to traditional patés of animal origin. A good example is the soy pate whose recipe we want to talk to you about today.
As you surely know, soybeans are native to Japan, which little by little has become part of a huge amount of food products. In this way, today we can easily find it in practically any supermarket, whether in the form of a vegetable drink, oil, miso, sauce, textured vegetable protein or cheese (although it is not actually appropriate to call it that).
With it we can prepare a wide variety of recipes, not only because of its great versatility, but also because of the wide diversity of options and forms. Do you dare to prepare an exquisite soybean paté, ideal for those who want to enjoy a wonderful and exquisite vegetable paté?
- 200 g soybeans (pre-cooked)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 black olives
- 3 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
How to prepare soy bean pate:
- First of all we are going to prepare all the ingredients. To do this, reserve the kitchen beans that you must have previously cooked. Pit and chop the black olives. Wash the parsley well and cut it very finely. Peel the onion and cut it very finely too.
- Now put the soybeans in a bowl or large bowl and mash them with the help of a fork.
- Put the extra virgin olive oil in a pan and heat a little. Then add the onion and sauté it well, until it softens and turns transparent.
- Once the onion is ready add it to the crushed soybeans.
- While stirring add the black olives, tomato paste, sesame seeds, parsley and salt. Stir everything well, so that all the ingredients are integrated.
- Before serving it is advisable to reserve in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
How easy has it been to make it? The truth is that since soybeans are so versatile, you can choose to add or remove the ingredients you prefer. For example, you can substitute sesame seeds for golden flax or poppy seeds.
If what you want is to enjoy a soy pate with a somewhat stronger and slightly spicy flavor, you can add a little ground black pepper or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
And if you are passionate about spicy and aromatic Indian food, we recommend adding a teaspoon of curry, ginger or cardamom. The result will be delicious.