If you are passionate about cod, we propose 2 wonderful and easy recipes to enjoy it like never before: delicious cod omelets and the traditional cod al pil-pil.
The cod is one of the richest and tastiest fish in the world. Above, they also provide countless benefits for our body thanks to their high content of potassium and P-type vitamins.
Therefore, it goes without saying that it is recommended to introduce this food in order to enjoy a healthy and balanced diet.
And you? Are you a cod lover but would like to taste it in a somewhat more original way? Well, then we are going to present you two recipes with which you are going to lick your fingers:
Delicious cod omelet
We are going to start this recipe that will surely just require a lot of time and effort on your part. To prepare it, you will need the following ingredients: half a kilo of cod, eight eggs, an onion, flour, a glass of fish stock, salt, parsley and olive oil.
The preparation process will be such that:
- Desalinate the cod well with abundant jets of water. Next, we will mince the garlic cloves and put them to brown with the onion and a drizzle of olive oil. To all this we will add the fish fillets, cook them for a couple of minutes and then remove them to get rid of the excess oil.
- We beat the eggs well and then add part of the sauce that we have made with the vegetables described above. Do not prepare them too curdled.
- We will take a very wide saucepan with a little olive oil that we will begin to heat. Next we will add the flour together with the glass of fish broth. At this point we can also add a little chili to add more flavors to the dish.
- Finally we add the tortillas and the cod until everything is cooked over slowly. We can accompany them with a rich green sauce and another of parsley a little to our liking.
Cod al pil-pil. A most traditional recipe that you cannot miss
The cod to the pil-pil is one of those recipes that we have always heard about but have no idea how to cook. But there is no need to worry because below we are going to give you the guidelines to prepare it in a very simple way.
Although first of all, you must prepare the following ingredients: 4 cod fillets, two potatoes, eight eyes, three green peppers, ciabatta bread, oil, parsley and salt.
The process to make it will be like this:
- First, we desalinate the cod as we did in the first recipe. Then we separate them in a separate bowl to get rid of all the salt. Next we will cut all the bread into slices.
- Chop the onion with a little oil until it is well crushed. We take the bread and spread this mixture through the openings of it. Sprinkle a little chopped parsley; we put it all in the oven to roast it for about 20 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees.
- We wash the peppers and cut them into thick strips to later fry them in a small frying pan with oil. To this we then add the two pieces of cod for two minutes. We withdraw them to a separate source. We will take advantage of this sauce that is left over to put it in a pan that we can use later as a sauce.
- It only remains to peel the potatoes to cut them into small slices and fry them in boiling oil. You can also take them boiled to take care of the line a little. We will take a plate and add the cod with sauce to the pil-pil, along with the bread sautéed in oil and onion and the potatoes. And to enjoy!