Taking care of your health in spring is very easy. Discover some healthy and easy-to-follow tips and tricks to maintain good spring health and enjoy this beautiful season of the year.
Every year, after a long winter full of rain, wind and very cold, it is common for many people to look forward to the arrival of spring, because our landscape is flooded with beautiful and wonderful flowers, the hours of sunlight increase, and with all this we tend to feel more cheerful and alive.
For this reason, it tends to be said that spring alters the blood, because due to the increase in solar radiation and the changes that occur in the meteorology itself, these cause an effect in our body that translates into impaired production of certain hormones. Since there are fewer night hours in spring, the production of melatonin varies, which leads to changes in both the physical and emotional responses of the person.
But like every season, it also has its setbacks. An example is found in the appearance of the dreaded spring allergies. It consists of a very common process that affects many people at this time. When we suffer from an allergy, it means that our body recognizes a substance called an allergen as foreign, which induces in the allergic person a response from their immune system, which in turn gives rise to a series of clinical manifestations typical of allergic diseases and reactions. For this reason, the spring allergy, and the allergy to pollen itself, produces seasonal rhinitis, whose symptoms tend to vary from one patient to another, although as a general rule these are characterized by irritation and itching of the eyes, nose, pharynx and palate.
If you want to enjoy a healthy spring, here are some useful tips that will help you take care of your health during this beautiful and pleasant season of the year.
1. Avoid spring allergy and contact with pollen
If you regularly suffer from allergies, it is quite likely that it will increase during the spring months. If so, there are some tips that you should keep in mind, which will be of great help. Reduce outdoor activities, especially in those hours when pollen is most “active”: between 5 to 10 in the morning, and 7 to 10 at night.
Avoid going out on windy days, since during these days pollination tends to be higher, so the pollen concentration is higher. On the other hand, keep the windows closed at night, also those of our vehicle when we go out, and in case of using air conditioning use it with filters.
As in any other season of the year, in order to protect your eyes from the sun every time you go out, put on sunglasses.
2. Get physical exercise outdoors
If you do not suffer from allergies, doing physical exercise outdoors when spring arrives is an excellent option to do sports, enjoy good health, and above all to enjoy the most beautiful images of this season.
Remember that physical exercise is essential, especially when it is practiced on a regular basis. It is ideal to enjoy a good state of health and physical. In addition, it is very interesting to help you improve your mood and feel better about yourself.
It is enough to practice between 30 to 40 minutes a day of your favorite physical exercise: it can be walking, running, riding a bike. Of course, remember that intense or excessive physical exercise is not recommended.
3. Watch your diet and opt for fresh food
Food is the basis of our health, so it is essential to maintain a balanced and varied diet, as healthy and healthy as possible. It is very interesting to opt for fresh seasonal foods, which provide you with all the essential nutrients that your body will need during this time of year: they are full of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that cannot be lacking.
Remember to opt for fresh fruits, vegetables, greens, and greens. Legumes, cereals (also in their integral version), fish, white meats and nuts can also not be absent.
4. Delicious seasonal foods
There is nothing better than enjoying seasonal foods, which, as you will surely know, are foods that we can only find in the market in certain months of the year, because their cultivation or production is specific to those times. This ensures that these foods preserve and maintain all their nutritional properties intact, as well as their benefits and organoleptic qualities.
In spring we can enjoy apricots and strawberries, in addition to finding ourselves already in the month of May with other fruits that we find especially in summer, such as cherries, watermelons and melons.
Other useful tips to take care of yourself in spring
In addition to the advice we have given you, below we will discover other cares for spring that will help you maintain good health during this beautiful time of year. Some tips are likely to be repeated, but they will help you keep them even more in mind:
- Now that the sun is beginning to appear, try to tan more often, especially when you are going to be outside for several hours. It is advisable to tan even in winter, as clouds can even have a much more negative effect on the health of our skin.
- Try to always stay well hydrated, drinking plenty of fluids. Remember that it is advisable to drink at least 2 liters of water a day. You can also opt for infusions, herbal teas or teas (cold or ice cream, for example, in case you are hot).
- Exercise in the first hours of the morning, or in the evening, to avoid the hottest hours.
- If you start going to the beach or swimming pools, remember to always tan properly.
- Dandelion cures are often useful in the changes of season. To do this, just take two capsules before each meal, or one to two infusions a day for a week.
- In case you suffer from allergies, you should be careful with spring allergies. For this, it is useful to keep the windows closed during the day, especially on those days with a higher level of pollen in the environment, and to cool the house at night.