A good rest is essential; hence any trick that helps to sleep better becomes important for our health. Discover tips and guidelines that will help you in this regard.
Resting properly is synonymous with good health, since it is a fundamental issue so that the person can generally enjoy optimal health.
It has been shown that when a person rests little or poorly, they tend to feel more irritable and have a regular mood, while being more predisposed to anxiety, depression and stress.
In this sense, to rest properly it is essential to sleep well, since we are providing our body with the rest it needs to recover after a day that may or may not be exhausting.
Tricks to sleep better
It is true that sleeping well is not the same as sleeping better, since this last question necessarily influences that in the end we end up resting well.
- Sleep the hours your body needs: surely at many times you have wondered how many hours we should sleep each night. Although it is true that each person has their own rest needs, it is recommended that an adult rest between 7 to 8 hours, but never exceeding 10 hours, since in the end they will end up waking up and feeling tired.
- Practice regular physical exercise: in addition to being ideal for enjoying a healthy weight and good health in general, regular practice of physical exercise improves the quality of sleep, providing well-being to our body.
- Avoid stimulating drinks: especially in the hours closest to rest, since by stimulating our central nervous system, it will prevent us from falling asleep or resting well. Avoid especially tea, caffeine and alcohol.
- Avoid heavy meals or large quantities: if our stomach is busy digesting heavy dinners or large quantities, surely not only will it cost us more to fall asleep, but we will also wake up feeling that we have not rested well.
- Take relaxing infusions and tisanes: made with medicinal plants and herbs with relaxing benefits, they are really useful to relax our body and help us sleep well. The best are the infusion of chamomile, linden or lemon balm.
- Get away from the television, the computer and opt for relaxing music or a book: visual stimuli such as television or the computer before bed are clear enemies of proper rest (it is common for a person to watch TV in bed, for example). However, a book or listening to relaxing music will help us relax while we enjoy a relaxing moment before falling asleep.
- Leave worries out of the room, or at least out of your bed: if you are worried about something try to leave it out of the room, and forget about it for a moment. It will help you rest better.