The maple syrup diet is a type of miracle diet that has become very fashionable in recent years, but the truth is that it is actually inadequate. We discover why.
The maple syrup (also known as maple syrup or maple syrup) has gained in popularity in recent years for its benefits and qualities of both depurativas as desintixocantes, although it is a very common ingredient in Canada or the United States at the time to prepare and serve desserts such as crepes or waffles.
From a nutritional point of view it can become an excellent substitute for white sugar, since it is characterized by being both a natural and nutritious sugar. It provides half the calories of common sugar, and is also rich in minerals such as calcium, potassium and, to a lesser extent, zinc.
In relation to the calories it provides, 25 grams of maple syrup provide only 52 calories. The maple syrup diet consists of a maple syrup, syrup or sap cure ideal as a cleanser and fat burner. On the other hand, its combination with lemon juice is usually common, which favors and improves its detoxifying and purifying quality.
How is the maple syrup diet?
It is a type of diet that lasts 10 days, which is divided into three parts, which are actually characterized by the low energy intake that is provided to the body through the diet.
As its name suggests, it is a type of diet that is based on maple syrup, which is ingested for several days, preferably diluted in water with lemon. Then this consumption is followed by a total of four days based on a vegetarian diet, and finally ends with three days in which the natural sweetener is consumed again.
To follow the maple syrup diet you only need:
- Maple syrup (you can also find it under the names of maple sap or maple syrup).
- Lemons (to get your juice).
- Dried chilli powder.
- Mineral water.
- Varied foods: brown rice, whole wheat bread, vegetable broths, fruit and fruit salads.
How to do the maple syrup diet
- Pre-diet: lasts for 3 days. You should take 1 liter of the mixture of 15 tablespoons of maple syrup, the juice of 1 lemon and a pinch of dried chilli, the first day. The second day 3 quarts of a liter and the third and last day of the pre-diet half a liter. In addition, you should consume foods such as whole wheat bread, brown rice, fruit salads, fruits, and vegetable broths.
- From the fourth to the seventh day: drink 2 liters each day with the juice of four lemons, 15 tablespoons of maple syrup and the dried chilli.
- Post-diet: its duration is 3 days, and the steps are the same as in the pre-diet. Drink 1 liter of the mixture of 15 tablespoons of maple syrup, the juice of 1 lemon and a pinch of dried chilli, the first day. The second day 3 quarts of a liter and the third and last day of the pre-diet half a liter. Also eat foods such as whole wheat bread, brown rice, fruit salads, fruits and vegetable broths.
Since when the maple syrup diet is followed, a fast is maintained for 4 days, it can only be followed by people in optimal health. However, it is always advisable to consult your doctor beforehand.
Why is it not a suitable diet to lose weight?
Obviously, we are facing a miracle diet that promises that we will lose weight quickly by the mere fact of consuming a natural sweetener, water with lemon, ingested as the only food for a period of 3 days.
As we can see, it is a diet that in addition to being unbalanced is dangerous, since it causes deficiencies of essential nutrients, especially vitamins, since maple syrup does not provide hardly any vitamins except for very small amounts of B vitamins.
On the other hand, there is no essential fat intake for our body, so essential for our health and ultimately for its proper functioning.
Therefore, it is not a suitable diet for weight loss, being only useful for the elimination of toxins not by following the diet itself, but by consuming maple syrup with lemon water.
And we must not forget that maple syrup can be used as a method of purifying toxins, so only its use should be summarized in this area, and little else.