Heat, high temperatures, sunburn… Summer is a desired season, and also with risks. Discover useful tips to live a healthy summer.
Now that the good weather is approaching and that many people do not hesitate to take a walk on the beach or enjoy a good dip in the beach or in the pool, there is no doubt that it can be interesting to discover some healthy tips to be able to enjoy a summer as healthy as possible, even more so when there are still a few months to go before this long-awaited season officially arrives.
Not in vain, it is common that during these dates many people are immersed in the so-called bikini operation, since after the excesses of Christmas, it is common to follow a diet and weight loss plan that helps to show off an enviable figure.
But the fact is that summer also has its risks: the heat, the consumption of certain foods that could even be considered “dangerous”, the following of equally dangerous diets… But let’s go in parts.
Be careful with heat and high temperatures
It is common for high temperatures to be recorded during the summer, which can have an extremely negative effect on the system that regulates our body temperature.
This can cause heat exhaustion, with clear symptoms such as nausea, cramps, weakness, and dizziness.
It is also common for this heat to cause sunstroke, whose symptoms are red skin, a sudden rise in body temperature and a headache that can lead to loss of consciousness. Therefore, at the slightest symptom, it requires medical assistance as quickly as possible.
For all these reasons, it is advisable to follow the following basic tips:
- Drink plenty of fluids: Even if you’re not thirsty, drinking plenty of fluids is essential to hydrate our bodies during the summer months. Of course, try to avoid sugary carbonated soft drinks and drinks with alcohol and caffeine. It is better to drink fresh water, natural juices or even refreshing teas.
- Opt for fresh dishes: salads are ideal, since in addition to refreshing you, they provide water to your body. You should also avoid heavy meals.
- Stay in the shade: if you are away from home, take shelter under an umbrella or in places where there is shade. It is advisable to reduce your physical activity.
Protect yourself from the sun
How many times have you heard that to achieve a natural tan it is not necessary to use photo protective creams, since these do not exactly help to tan our skin, so that the use of tanning oils is common.
However, it is essential to keep in mind that to enjoy a healthy tan, without putting our skin at risk, it is essential to use suitable photo protective creams according to our skin type, since in this way we will not only avoid dangerous sunburns, but also problems older, as is the case with skin cancer.
Therefore, it is useful to follow the following tips:
- Always use photo protector: it is advisable that you put it on your skin half an hour before starting sun exposure, and even apply it every two hours or every time you get into the water. Even if your skin is already brown, continue using photo protector. It is also essential to use photo protector even when it is cloudy.
- Avoid exposure during the hours of greatest danger: especially between 12 and 4 pm, since in this period solar radiation is much more dangerous.
Beware of food poisoning
Although we already dealt with it more extensively in our note on food poisoning in summer, we must pay special attention to certain health and hygiene tips in this regard:
- Certain foods: be especially careful with foods such as eggs, fish, shellfish and meat. Regarding eggs, it is best to buy those with packaging and expiration dates, never washing them and always keeping them in the fridge. Regarding meats, these must always be fresh, with the appearance of red meat and white fat. Regarding fish and shellfish, they must also be fresh and prepared at the moment, if not they must be quickly frozen.
- If you eat out: avoid salads, sandwiches or sandwiches with creams or sauces based on mayonnaise. Of course, we must be especially careful with the Russian salad.
Other health tips ideal for summer
- Consume fresh vegetables and fruits, vegetables, white meat and fish. You can enjoy excellent refreshing seasonal dishes, such as fresh salads, gazpacho or natural juices.
- Do not forget to practice physical exercise regularly. However, you should always avoid the most critical times of the day. It is better to practice it in the morning from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., or in the evening from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Hydrate your body even if you are not thirsty. Do not forget that it is essential to drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
- When you go out, even if you are not going to sunbathe, use the sunscreen that best suits you, according to your skin type.
- Avoid sudden changes in temperature, especially when you are on the beach or in the pool. Remember to enter the water little by little.
How can we improve rest during hot days?
During the summer it is totally normal for there to be a greater intensity of sunlight, something that can make many people happy, but annoy others because that excess of light prevents them from sleeping well.
It is also common that, with the increase in temperatures, many people feel extreme heat at night, which can also prevent them from sleeping comfortably, and above all, from resting properly.
Luckily, there are some tricks that will allow you to know how to improve your rest in summer. Something extremely appropriate and useful, especially now that the hottest days of the year begin to arrive.
If your problem is that the intensity of sunlight that occurs during summer days bothers you a lot, especially because it causes you to wake up as soon as it begins to dawn, the solution is to use a specific mask that helps you rest a lot. Better.
In the event that the heat at night is your greatest enemy, remember that it is essential that you always shower with lukewarm water, since if you bathe with cold or very cold water, the only thing that will do is make you hotter later.
It is also recommended that you have a light dinner, preferably salads and fruits, which in addition to being healthy and wholesome, help you rest better and refresh you.