Discover how to make a delicious strawberry gazpacho, ideal for summer due to its refreshing properties, and what benefits this delicious recipe offers you.
Although the traditional gazpacho is made with fresh vegetables, among which we can mention tomatoes, green and red peppers, to which you can also add garlic and extra virgin olive oil.
Of course, we must differentiate this traditional dish from the Andalusian gastronomy of salmorejo, which tend to be confused, especially in appearance. For example, we can take a look at what are the differences between gazpacho and salmorejo and we will discover that on this occasion the salmorejo is made with a greater amount of garlic and is usually prepared mainly with only tomato, garlic, olive oil and bread. Lasted. However, in the case of traditional gazpacho it is more common to add other fresh vegetables, such as cucumber and peppers.
If you are passionate about gazpacho, and you usually consume it regularly on the hottest days of the year because of its incredible cooling power and because it is also a tremendously nutritious recipe, surely you already know that there are other versions in which fruit is added to the original recipe. An example is the gazpacho with red fruits or the watermelon gazpacho. However, did you know that you can also make it with strawberries?
We continue with refreshing, exquisite and nutritious summer recipes and this time we present a strawberry gazpacho.
How to make a strawberry gazpacho?
- 750 grams of strawberries or 500 grams of strawberries.
- Half of a large onion.
- Half a clove of garlic.
- Half a red pepper.
- 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- 50 grams of bread from the day before.
- A tablespoon of vinegar.
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil mild flavor.
- A glass of water (optional in case we need to lighten it).
- A few mint leaves to decorate or a few pieces of strawberries.
- Carefully wash the strawberries well, since it is a delicate fruit, we also remove the tails, and we chop them depending on the size.
- If it is small strawberries, cutting them in half will be enough.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the strawberries and reserve in the fridge for about 20 or 30 minutes.
- We remove the strawberries from the fridge and crush them in the blender.
- To the crushed strawberries we add the onion, the pepper, the half clove of garlic, the whole bread in pieces, the oil, the vinegar, the salt and we crush everything well again.
- If it has been thick and we like it lighter, we can add a little water to taste.
- We keep the strawberry gazpacho in the refrigerator until it is time to take it to the table.
- To present the strawberry gazpacho we can decorate it with some mint leaves, some pieces of strawberries or whole strawberries, they are small strawberries.
The benefits of gazpacho with strawberries
As with most of the different and different versions of gazpacho, being a recipe made with fresh fruit, vegetables and greens, it undoubtedly becomes a very delicious nutritious option. In addition, when served cold it is an ideal dish to enjoy a refreshing and rehydrating vegetable soup. But its benefits are even greater:
- Rehydrates, great refreshing power: as it is made with vegetables and fruit, it is a highly rehydrating dish, especially due to its high water content. In addition, as it is served cold, it is an excellent option for when it is too hot or when we simply need or want to refresh our body. For this reason it is an ideal recipe for the summer months.
- Very rich in antioxidants: this particular dish provides an interesting amount of natural antioxidants, which help reduce the action of free radicals and prevent certain serious diseases, as well as being useful in preventing premature aging of cells.
- Ideal against cholesterol: in case of high cholesterol it becomes a useful option to reduce high levels of fats in the blood, especially when it is made with extra virgin olive oil, which helps reduce LDL cholesterol at the same time which increases HDL. Basically it is ideal to take care of our cardiovascular health, preventing cardiovascular diseases.