Spinning provides interesting benefits for health, to the point that it provides useful therapeutic virtues to strengthen bones and prevent cardiovascular ailments. Learn about its important benefits.
There are a thousand ways to do sports exercising any muscle in the body. Today there are many different sports with which we can stay fit and be healthier by choosing the sport that best suits our body and our needs.
Spinning became famous thanks to the American cyclist Johnny G. Goldberg, who showed that running on a stationary bike indoors accompanied by music could also be fun. Indoor cycling or spinning works on strength, resistance and speed mounted on a bicycle dedicated exclusively to this type of exercise.
The bike is completely mobile, built especially for spinning, you can put it in any position when practicing, forward, backward, offer more resistance, put the handlebar further away from the body, etc.
What is spinning? What does it consist of?
Spinning is a physical activity consisting of an exercise program using stationary bicycles that takes place indoors, conducted by a certified instructor.
Thanks to the fact that a stationary bicycle is used and a series of generalized movements are carried out, it helps the people who practice it to enjoy a healthy mind, while the body accompanies each movement.
In other words, spinning combines aerobic exercise with sports, especially training the leg muscles but without damaging the joints at any time.
This type of sport can be done by anyone, since it adapts to the needs of each one, always preceded by a professional to keep an adequate rhythm. Cardiac people have to be especially careful, since you should be more careful.
The combination of the stationary bike and the aerobic exercise you do on it involves connecting and harmonizing the body and mind, thus achieving a perfect balance.
Health Benefits of Spinning
Although it is exercised and performed with the legs, spinning incorporates multiple benefits to the entire body, including the heart, muscles, joints and bones.
We will mention some of the benefits that spinning provides for health, with which you will surely convince yourself to perform or try this revolutionary form of sports on some occasion:
- Improves cardiovascular conditions following exercise, causing a decrease in heart rate at rest.
- Reduce worries and problems by concentrating on music and pedaling, reducing above all the feeling of stress. In addition, it improves self-esteem.
- Tones the legs, buttocks, calves, biceps, triceps and abs.
- Increases the respiratory rate causing a lesser feeling of suffocation in difficult moments and controlling breathing.
- Practicing an average of 45 minutes can lose 400 or 800 calories.
- The bones will also be strengthened, making them more resistant.
- Helps strengthen the heart.
- The probability of injuries caused by other activities such as running or walking is reduced; it can also be done for the rehabilitation of old injuries.
Let’s not forget that it is an aerobic exercise, so it is an ideal option to prevent cardiovascular diseases.