There is no doubt that spices are the most used condiments in many culinary recipes for a long time, since they are ideal to flavor your dishes.
More specifically, spices are flavorings of natural origin that, mainly, are used both to season and to preserve and give a better flavor to food.
But given the great variety of spices that exist, it is common that in these condiments we find a very good variety of benefits and properties. We explain the most common and used in many homes every day.
Benefits and properties of spices
- Saffron: This is a seasoning obtained from the pistils of the flower. It helps to relieve coughs in cases of flu or colds, and also improves circulation.
- Cinnamon: It is one of the most used condiments, especially in desserts. In fact, it is common that it is usually used with apples. It is digestive, as well as helping to relieve headaches.
- Cardamom: As with cinnamon, it is also often used in some desserts and a good variety of recipes. It helps in digestion and acts as an antacid.
- Tarragon: It is widely used in not only Spanish, but also French cuisine. It is a good excellent liver tonic (known as liver cleansing).
- Ginger: It is one of the most used in the kitchen. It helps improve digestion, in addition to protecting the immune system.
- Mint: It is a condiment that is usually taken even in the form of an infusion. It is antispasmodic and antiseptic, in addition to helping the liver in its proper functioning.
- Parsley: It is one of the freshest and most refreshing condiments. It is diuretic and very stimulating.