Raspberry jam is a deliciously delicious option to enjoy raspberries all year round. Discover how to make it at home with this homemade recipe.
If we talk about wild fruits and berries, it is quite likely that raspberries will become the most exquisite and delicious. Its delicate flavor and its great aromatic power make it a wonderful fruit to enjoy alone or in natural yogurt desserts. It is an authentic fruit characteristic of summer, light and with a subtle and pleasant flavor. And, therefore, a simple option when it comes to being able to enjoy them all year round is making a homemade raspberry jam.
It is a unique option that we can easily prepare, either using only sugar as a sweetener and thickener, or combining them with other exquisite ingredients that will offer a wide variety of flavors. With raspberries, for example, the following are perfectly combined: vanilla, ginger, cinnamon and cardamom.
Do you dare to make it with us? It is extremely simple and you will only need about 45 minutes between preparation and cooking. Of course, to obtain an even more wonderful result, it is recommended to leave the raspberry to macerate overnight. But let’s go step by step.
- 1 kg of fresh raspberries
- 1 kg of sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
How to prepare the raspberry jam:
- Select the raspberries that have the best appearance. Put them in a colander and wash them well under running water.
- Then mash the raspberries as much as possible, until you get a puree.
- In a casserole ideal for jams and jams, put the raspberry puree and half the sugar. Cover and set aside for one night (12 hours).
- The next day, uncover the casserole and add the rest of the sugar, the lemon juice and the thickener. Put the casserole on the heat and bring to a boil and cook, stirring during cooking with the help of a wooden spoon for at least 30 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, check the consistency of the raspberry jam and foam at the end, removing the foam that has formed with the help of a slotted spoon.
- To finish, put the jam in jars or glass jars with a hermetic lid, pour the jam inside until almost the edge and close the jar. Then turn them upside down and let it cool. Once cold, put a label with the date of packaging / elaboration.
- Ready! You can enjoy them whenever you want.
How to preserve raspberry jam?
If the jar or jar where you will keep the jam is very clean, once cold you can keep it perfectly in the fridge for several weeks.
But if you want it to last for months with all the security, the most appropriate thing is to first sterilize the jars in a water bath before introducing the homemade jam in them.