Discover how to make an exquisite Christmas cake with plum jam and short crust pastry. A different and ideal recipe for dessert after Christmas dinners and meals.
Who does not like these Christmas days to finish off a breakfast or a snack with a totally homemade sweet made at home by ourselves and taste it in the company of family and friends?
Sweets we see on these dates everywhere but where there is a homemade sweet, the truth is that the difference is noticeable. Although of course, everything depends on the time we have, because these days we are almost always in a hurry to be able to cover everything, it also depends on whether we like to cook or not.
The Christmas cake that we present in this post is an exquisite cake and very easy to prepare, in a short time we have it ready to taste it. It is made with short crust pastry, and a filling of jam, the jam that we like the most, and it is decorated with Christmas figurines made with the same dough.
We have made the cake that you can see in the photograph with a plum jam and it is very tasty, although as we have said before, the jam will be to each one’s taste.
It is an ideal cake for the little ones in the house, especially because of the Christmas touch that the figurines give it, although I must say that it also triumphs among adults.
Christmas cake recipe with plum jam
Ingredients for the short crust pastry:
- 200 grams of simple wheat flour sifted.
- 100 grams of butter in tacos, softened at room temperature.
- 100 grams of icing sugar.
- A pinch of salt.
- Plum jam for the filling.
Preparation of the Christmas cake:
- In a bowl, put the sifted flour. Cut the butter, which should be soft, into cubes, and put them around the flour.
- Knead to mix the flour and butter well until it is like sandy. Then add the egg, icing sugar and a pinch of salt.
- We knead again but not in excess, just so that everything is well linked or mixed.
- We form a ball with the dough and cover it with film or plastic. Keep the dough in the fridge for an hour.
- We are preheating the oven with a temperature of 180º C. On a floured surface we spread the dough with a rolling pin.
- We reserve a little of the extended dough to make the figures. Place the dough on the mold and put baking paper on top of the dough.
- Place some chickpeas on the baking paper in the central part to prevent the dough from rising while it is cooking.
- With the little dough reserved for the figures we will form the figures with some cookie molds with Christmas motifs.
- We cook for 10 minutes with the oven at 180ºC, the dough and the figurines.
- Remove the cake from the oven and put the plum jam filling on it, and the Christmas figurines spread over it.
- Bake again for another 10 minutes at the same temperature. When the figures are golden brown, remove the cake from the oven.
- Let it cool to room temperature and once it is cold we will unmold it. We present the Christmas cake in a beautiful tray to take it to the table.
Well, we already have our Christmas cake ready, we hope you like it and that it is to everyone’s liking.
This cake is ideal for breakfast, snacks, accompanied by a cup of coffee, tea or a cup of hot chocolate.