Benefits of pistachio milk, and information on the most important nutritional properties provided by this vegetable milk made with nuts.
Plant milks are healthy and natural drinks that can be an excellent option when you suffer from lactose intolerance. As you surely know, this intolerance has become a very common disorder in recent years, which prevents the habitual consumption of cow’s milk that has not been treated to remove lactose, the sugar in milk.
Regarding the vegetable milks themselves, there is no doubt that one of their main advantages is that they constitute an ideal alternative when you cannot consume cow’s milk, even providing greater benefits and properties in most cases. Nutritional. In addition, following the basic preparation tips and having enough ingredients, we can easily prepare them at home.
This type of drink can be made with nuts, seeds or legumes. In the case of nuts, today we want to talk to you about the different benefits of pistachio milk, made precisely with pistachio.
Pistachio milk benefits
The milk Pistachio constitutes an excellent heart – healthy drink, thanks to the different healthy fats that brings this delicious nut, to be rich in monounsaturated fats and oleic acid.
It is also rich in antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes and phytosterols, which means that it provides not only antioxidant benefits, but also anticancer and rejuvenating benefits.
It is an interesting milk not only as an alternative to cow’s milk, but also as a traditional remedy in case of high cholesterol and triglycerides.
It helps when it comes to increasing defenses, thanks to its very high content of vegetable proteins, highlighting arginine.
How to make pistachio milk?
- 1 cup of raw pistachios
- 6 cups of water
- Brown sugar or honey to taste
- First, wash the pistachios well in water.
- In a blender, mix the pistachios well with a high cup for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to minimum speed and beat for 20 seconds. Now add another cup to the mixture and with the help of a wooden spoon mix well.
- Heat the equivalent of 2 cups of water, and add to the mixture.
- With the help of a clean cloth or strainer, strain the drink.
- Now beat the mixture again at minimum speed and add another 2 cups of water.
- Finally reserve in the fridge.