How to make a nutritious oat drink smoothie with figs and honey? Discover its recipe and the benefits and properties that this wonderful energy drink brings you.
Both for those who suffer from lactose intolerance and those who do not, and who prefer to replace milk of animal origin with other plant-based and much more natural options, there is no doubt that those known as plant-based milks become wonderful options. Although, it must be said, in reality we are faced with a name and denomination error, given that since they are not made with milk but with water, the most correct name for this type of liquid that is so nutritious and beneficial for our health is of vegetable drinks.
As you surely know, vegetable drinks are drinks made from boiling water and some cereal, nut or seed, which is later crushed and strained. It is true that, at present, it is possible to find a wide variety of vegetable drinks on the market, for all tastes. However, the one known as oat milk (who’s more correct name would be oat drink) is one of the most popular and consumed.
Indeed, vegetable oat milk is characterized by being a delicious drink made with water and oat flakes. It stands out not only for being light and for having a great moisturizing and refreshing capacity; it also does so for its incredible nutritional richness and for the different benefits it provides.
It is such a versatile drink that with it is possible to make a wide variety of nutritional shakes, such as the oatmeal, fig and honey drink shake that we are talking about on this occasion.
Honey Fig Oatmeal Drink Smoothie Recipe
Ingredients you need
- 1 glass of oat milk (250 ml.)
- 2 ripe figs
- 1 dessert spoon of honey
Steps to make the oatmeal smoothie with figs and honey
Wash the figs well and remove the top part. Then cut them in half and put them in the blender glass along with the glass of oat milk. Now whisk everything well until the figs have combined with the oatmeal drink.
At the moment of serving, sweeten with a dessert spoonful of honey, or if you wish, you can substitute it with whole cane brown sugar, panela or stevia.
What benefits does this vegetable smoothie bring you?
- Helps lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels – If you have high cholesterol or triglycerides, this shake is especially helpful in lowering high blood fat levels, especially LDL cholesterol and triglycerides themselves.
- It cheers you up and helps you feel better: it contains psychoactive substances that are especially useful in cases of fatigue, depression and sadness, making it an ideal drink to improve your mood and bring you more fullness and well-being.
- Useful for autumn : as you surely know, figs are the quintessential autumn fruit, and for good reason, since being very rich in group B vitamins help reduce autumn fatigue. This quality is perfectly combined with oatmeal, which is also suitable for improving mood.
- Reduces and prevents constipation: due to its richness in soluble fiber, it is a very suitable drink for those who suffer from occasional constipation, while helping to improve intestinal transit.
- Very energetic: while oats are a tremendously energetic food that is very rich in complex carbohydrates, figs tend to be somewhat caloric due to their richness in carbohydrates, so that it is a very energetic drink ideal for athletes, students and for those who want an extra supply of energy.