Jijona nougat ganache recipe ideal for filling the roscón de Reyes and other Christmas desserts. Discover how to make this delicious cream easily at home.
Now that there are only a few days left before their Majesties the Kings of the East (also known popularly by the little ones as the Three Wise Men ) officially arrive at the children’s homes, many kitchens are beginning to make the traditional and delicious Roscón de Reyes, as we usually call it in our country, although there are also other variations throughout the world, such as the Bolo Rein in Portugal or the Roscón de Reyes in Mexico.
As you surely know, it basically consists of a wonderful round bun that is made with sweet dough, to which it is usual to add orange blossom water, which gives it a delicate and delicious aroma. In addition, it is usually decorated with pieces of candied or candied fruit, which gives it a much more colorful appearance.
In our country, it is a tradition to eat it on January 6, a day usually called Three Kings‘ Day, although there are also those who venture to enjoy it the evening before, after the celebration of the popular Three Kings Parade. Inside, a dry bean and a small porcelain King are added. Precisely, whoever touches or finds this bean will have to pay for the roscón de Reyes.
Although it can be consumed alone, there are those who choose to fill it. And what are the most common fillings? Without a doubt pastry cream and whipped cream, as well as truffle, chocolate or mocha. But the nougat filling has become in recent years another candidate for its combination of flavors. And, for this, we use the exquisite and classic nougat from Jijona, as it is the most traditional nougat.
Nougat ganache recipe
Do you want to learn how to make a delicious Jijona nougat ganache to fill your Roscón de Reyes, or any other Christmas dessert or sweet? We explain what ingredients you need and the steps to follow for it.
As you will see, the preparation is really simple, and you will only need 2 basic ingredients. Take note.
- 600 grams of whipping cream (it is essential that it has 35% MG)
- 1 Jijona nougat (tablet)
Preparation of the nougat ganache:
- Cut the nougat tablet into several pieces and grind it well until it is finely ground.
- In a cold and dry container, whip the cream, with a little patience. When it has acquired a certain body but without getting completely assembled, add the ground Jijona nougat.
- Reassemble the nougat together with the cream, in its entirety.
- Put the nougat cream in a bowl in the fridge for at least 2 hours. In this way you will get it to have body when you fill the roscón.
How to fill the roscón de Reyes with your nougat cream:
- Put the nougat filling in a sleeve.
- Divide the roscón de Reyes into two parts and fill with the nougat cream: to do this, first make a circle around the hole in the roscón de Reyes, and then do the same from the outer edge, to finish making circles until you reach the top central.
- To finish, insert the bean in the part you prefer, and the small gift in another.
- Ready! You already have it ready.