In men, heart attack symptoms are very different from female symptoms. Find out what the warning signs are, what causes it, and how to prevent them.
What is known as myocardial infarction is a condition characterized by the incorrect functioning of the heart muscles due to their poor oxygenation. It is more common in men from the age of forty.
However, due to the proliferation of cases of childhood obesity due to a diet rich in fats and sugars together with a life of the most sedentary, they have caused cases of heart attack to shoot at increasingly younger ages .
It should be noted that women can also suffer from this heart disease without any problem. Although, cases in the female gender are usually more rare. This is because the hormones from the period “protect” them by promoting blood flow through all the veins and arteries of the body.
What are the causes of myocardial infarction in men?
One way or another, myocardial infarction in men can appear without warning. However, there are a number of causes that can accelerate your symptoms:
- High cholesterol: One of the main causes that cause the appearance of a clear case of heart attack. All the excess cholesterol adheres to the cavities of the main arteries, causing oxygen to not reach the heart correctly. Hence, it is highly recommended to eat a healthy, balanced diet and consume certain foods that reduce blood cholesterol levels.
- Obesity: Obesity can also be closely linked to any myocardial infarction. If we base our diet on fats, carbohydrates and sugars we will only get our health to deteriorate little by little.
- Hypertension. High blood pressure can also lead to a clear case of heart attack later. Hence, it is very important to mitigate your symptoms as soon as possible by leading a much calmer and more peaceful life.
Symptoms of myocardial infarction in men
Now that we have known the main causes of myocardial infarction, it is important to know what its clearest symptoms may be. We do not have to tell you that before the appearance of any of them, we will have to go to the hospital as quickly as possible:
- Strong pressure on the chest. Any twinge in the chest can indicate a malfunction of the heart. It is also very common for this discomfort to spread to any of our joints.
- sweating and palpitations It is usually the most common in the hands and forehead
- Sensation of vertigo and dizziness.
- Shortness of breath. Especially when performing any light physical activity that we would not suffer under normal conditions.
- Brief loss of consciousness. Given this, it seems very important to visit the nearest doctor because it is one of the most serious symptoms that can lead to a heart attack in just a few hours.
It is possible to prevent myocardial infarction. We tell you how
Surely after knowing all the causes and symptoms of myocardial infarction in men, the following question haunts you: Is it possible to avoid it? Well of course I do. And then we will give you some ideas to achieve it:
Eliminate cigarette consumption
Smoking is closely linked to the appearance of any case of myocardial infarction. For this reason, it is of utmost importance to reduce the consumption of cigarettes. This is because all the tar and nicotine can clog all the veins and arteries causing the heart to not work properly.
Healthy and balanced diet
Having a diet rich in all kinds of nutrients from foods such as fruits and vegetables seems extremely important to prevent the symptoms that appear before the myocardial infarction. To do this, it is best to consult a trusted nutritionist to make a completely personalized diet to our needs.
We have told it countless times. But it is that the most constant physical activity can help us reduce blood cholesterol levels and say goodbye to obesity, two conditions that are closely linked to the appearance of myocardial infarction in men. So go out for a run or take the bike a couple of times a week. Your heart will thank you.
Before the appearance of any of the symptoms that can tell us that the man in question may suffer a myocardial infarction, he will have to have weekly check-ups to verify that the blood pressure is correct and that therefore the heart is working normally.
Some things about myocardial infarction
Myocardial infarction occurs when there is a lack of blood supply to the different muscles of the heart, either due to obstruction of the arteries or muscle necrosis.
Early detection and rapid medical assistance are essential for an adequate evolution of the patient, as well as acting quickly to avoid the greatest amount of injured cardiac tissue.
Therefore, at the slightest symptom or sign, it is vitally important to go quickly to the emergency room, or call the emergency specialists. Acting immediately is critical and vitally important.