Who has not ever tried mushroom sauce? It is an ideal sauce recipe for pasta and meat dishes. We explain how to do it at home easily.
Mushrooms accompany very well both different types of pasta and meat dishes. With the mushrooms we will make this delicious and nutritious mushroom sauce. The ideal would be to make this sauce with fresh mushrooms since they not only add more flavor, but also all their nutritional properties. If it were not possible to access them, we could make it with packaged mushrooms.
As you surely know, mushrooms are mushrooms belonging to the Lepotácias family. Although in reality we may only know one variety, and it is precisely the one we usually find in the supermarket, the truth is that there are different species, many of them edible (and some that are not).
Precisely the most popular and consumed variety is known as the common mushroom or Paris mushroom, scientifically baptized with the name of Agaricus bisporus. It is an easily cultivable mushroom, which offers the possibility of enjoying them throughout the year and always at a fairly affordable price.
Regarding its nutritional contribution, its high water content (more than 90%) stands out, as well as a reduced contribution of carbohydrates and fats. On the other hand, they have very good amounts of B vitamins and minerals, among which we can mention the following: potassium, sodium, phosphorus and selenium.
How to make the mushroom sauce:
- 250 ml. milk.
- 250 grams of mushrooms.
- One tablespoon of plain wheat flour.
- 60 grams of butter.
- A tablespoon of tomato sauce.
- An onion.
- One garlic clove.
- 3 tablespoons of liquid cream.
- A little bit of salt.
- A pinch of ground black pepper.
- We wash the mushrooms well and cut them into slices.
- We remove the skin from the onion, wash it and cut it into small pieces.
- In a cauldron we put the butter to melt.
- Once it melts we add the onion to brown it.
- When it is golden brown, add the minced garlic clove, the mushrooms and sauté them for a few minutes.
- Add the flour, the milk, the tomato sauce spoon, the salt, the pepper, and stir well.
- Cook over low heat for thirty minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the cream.
- We stir to mix well.
- We arrange the mushroom sauce in a sauce boat or in small bowls.