The Mississippi Chocolate Cake is a wonderful chocolate and cream cake that is extremely delicious. Find out how to make this popularly American recipe.
The Mississippi chocolate cake is a wonderful and exquisite cake originating from the state of Mississippi (United States), where it comes from, and where it is precisely an authentic tradition. It becomes a claim for chocolate lovers, mainly for its internal texture and its deep and slightly bitter taste.
Although there is no historical evidence about its creation, it is originally believed that the Mississippi Mud Pie is a chocolate cake created by cooks after the First World War, thanks to the fact that only simple ingredients are needed for its preparation, and its preparation is precisely simple.
If you love chocolate as much as we love it (yes, I am passionate about cocoa, why deny it), there is no doubt that the Mississippi chocolate and cream cake is a recipe that you cannot miss, and that, at least, we should prepare at home once in a lifetime. Why? You will find out when you try it.
The recipe that we propose on this occasion is to make a chocolate cake for 8 people.
Ingredients for the dough
- 250 g of wheat flour + a little more to sprinkle in the mold
- 140 g butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons fine granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
Ingredients for the stuffing
- 150 g of dark chocolate
- 175g butter
- 240 g brown sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened, sifted)
- 300 ml of liquid cream
- 1 teaspoon of chocolate essence
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for garnish (cream cream)
- 430 ml of heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate flakes
Making the Mississippi chocolate and cream cake
- First, preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- Now we are going to start making the dough. To do this, sift the wheat flour and cocoa powder into a bowl. Add the butter and work with your fingers until you get a consistency similar to breadcrumbs. Then add the sugar and cold water and mix well until the dough is compacted. Form a ball, wrap it with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator for up to 15 minutes.
- After this time flour a surface and spread the dough. Then line a removable round mold with the dough. Ideally, it is for cakes or cakes of 23 centimeters. Spread parchment paper on top and sprinkle some dried vegetables on top. Put in the oven and let the dough cook at 190 ºC for 15 minutes. After this time, remove the dried legumes, taking care not to burn yourself, the greaseproof paper, and finish baking for 10-12 more minutes. Then remove from the oven and reserve. Don’t turn off the oven.
- Now is the time to prepare the wonderful and tender filling. To do this, put the butter and sugar in a bowl or bowl and beat a little. Then add the egg and the sifted cocoa powder little by little while continuing to beat. Melt the dark chocolate and add it to the bowl, whisking little by little. Now add the liquid cream, the chocolate essence and the vanilla essence, and mix again.
- Lower the oven temperature to 160ºC. Pour the chocolate cream into the previously baked base and put it back in the oven to bake for 45 minutes (or until the exact moment you notice that the filling has set).
- Finally, after this time, remove from the oven and let it cool. Once cool, cover the top of the cake with the cream and add chocolate flakes. Reserve in the refrigerator until you are going to serve it.