The so-called Minestrone soup is a popular soup very characteristic of Italian gastronomy. Discover how to make it at home with this original recipe.
With the general drop in temperatures that we have begun to suffer during this month of December, surely many of you do not look down on having a delicious hot soup before going to sleep. It is a good way to digest with a light but tasty dish that is also very healthy for our health due to its high content of vegetables, meat, and cereals.
In this sense, Italian gastronomy offers us what is known as minestrone soup, a broth widely consumed throughout all regions of the transalpine country during winter. In fact, there are many tourists who every time they go to Rome, Florence or Venice to visit, they decide to try it after the more than famous pasta or pizza dishes.
What’s more, many people decide to prepare this minestrone soup from their home kitchens, using fresh vegetables that they buy in the neighborhood market and that they accompany with other fresh products from the region.
Minestrone soup recipe. In the purest Italian style
It’s starting to make your mouth water over all this, right? Well, don’t worry. And it is that through the following recipe that we propose, you will realize how simple to prepare this minestrone soup is. Although first of all, you are going to need the following ingredients.
Ingredients to make the minestrone soup:
- 100 grams of white beans.
- 2 potatoes.
- 2 carrots.
- 1 leek.
- 1 zucchini.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 2 onions.
- 120 grams of noodles.
- 1 liter of chicken or vegetable broth.
- Grated Parmesan cheese.
- Olive oil.
Steps to prepare minestrone soup:
- First of all, the vegetables will have to be cut into tiny pieces that will then be transferred to a pot with olive oil. Then add the pot of white beans that we will sauté with the rest of the ingredients.
- After this, we pour the chicken or vegetable broth into the pot that we will season to our liking along with all the fine noodles. We let it cook for 25-30 minutes over medium heat. It will be necessary to stir to avoid that the ingredients remain in the base of the pot.
- After this time, we remove the soup from the heat. Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese to our liking. To enhance its flavor, you can also add cubes of bacon or smoked ham.
- Finally, it only remains to pass this broth in individual bowls or deep plates with the help of a saucepan. You can also accompany them with a couple of toasted bread biscuits with a little cheddar cheese to spread.
In short, as you have seen, this minestrone soup recipe can be prepared in the blink of an eye. For this reason, it is a very useful first course with which you will be able to dazzle all your guests . So do not look for an excuse and give it a chance during this Christmas. Buon appetito!