Mercadona has proceeded to withdraw 11 cosmetic and personal hygiene products for the skin since they contained two substances that, together, could cause the appearance of nitrosamines, a substance that induces cancerous tumors.
However, a few weeks later it became known that the Mercadona supermarket chain had withdrawn a total of eleven Deliplus and Solcare branded cosmetics and hygiene products (manufactured by the RNB company, one of several manufacturers that supply products under this brand) because it contains two components that should not be associated in the same product.
In this sense, the Spanish Medicines Agency considers that, after studying the composition of these products, although they do not pose a danger to health, the pertinent legislation indicates that products that include these two ingredients should not be sold.
The ingredients are triethanolamine (which acts on the PH of the skin ) and bronopol (a preservative), which when combined in the same product produce nitrosamine, a substance that induces cancerous tumors that only causes risks if a long-term exposure occurs. exposure to it.
However, the RNB itself has indicated that nitrosamine was not generated in the 11 creams and lotions, so the risk for people who have used them has been zero.
What are the recalled products?
- Body nourishing Deliplus with olive oil.
- Deliplus nourishing hand cream.
- Deliplus body moisturizer with aloe.
- Deliplus body moisturizing luminosity effect.
- Deliplus firming body moisturizer.
- Deliplus moisturizing anti-dryness for feet.
- Deliplus nourishing body with almonds.
- Deliplus body moisturizer for atopic skin.
- Solcare moisturizing after sun lotion.
- Solcare lotion after sun luminosity.
- Solcare gel after sun aloe vera.
What to do if I have the products?
Mercadona has announced that it will return the money or change the products that it has withdrawn from the market for new ones.
However, the Spanish Medicines Agency itself has announced in a statement that the company has proceeded to reformulate the products and replace them, so there are currently no product units with the withdrawn formula.