Do you want to learn how to prepare delicious matcha tea cookies at home? We explain what ingredients you need and the steps to follow to make delicious matcha green tea cookies.
Who doesn’t like cookies? Chocolate, butter, with nuts. The truth is that they are delicious, especially if we make them ourselves at home, and we use the healthiest possible ingredients for this.
If you are as passionate about tea as we are, and green tea in particular, you are quite likely to be interested in the idea of adding a little tea to your regular cookie recipe, don’t you think? What if instead of adding any variety of green tea, what we do is incorporate the wonderful matcha tea?
It is, as you surely know, a variety of green tea arrived directly from Japan, where in fact it is so popular that it becomes one of the most used teas in the traditional Tea Ceremony. And, in addition, it is an ideal option to add to our pastry recipes , such as cookies.
How to Make Matcha Tea Cookies?
- 15 g. matcha tea
- 1 egg yolk
- 190 g. Of flour
- 120 g. of butter
- 70 g. icing sugar
Preparation of Matcha tea cookies:
- Leave the butter at room temperature for a while. After time, put the butter in a bowl and beat it well until it acquires a rather creamy texture.
- Add the icing sugar to the butter bowl and continue beating until the sugar is combined and is mixed well with the butter. In this way, the cream should turn yellow.
- Separate the yolk from the egg white, and add it to the previous bowl. Mix again.
- Sift the flour and put it in another bowl. Add the matcha tea to this bowl, mix everything well and add it to the bowl of the egg yolk and butter. Mix well with the help of a spatula.
- Cut the dough into several pieces and knead again. It is important that you do the same at least another 6 times.
- Now put plastic wrap and flatten the cookie dough on top. Wrap it with the plastic wrap until it is in the form of a roll, and reserve in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After these minutes have passed, cut the dough with the help of a knife, shaping it into cookies. Put them on the baking sheet and cook them in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 170ºC.
- After this time they will be ready.