The matcha cheesecake is a wonderful cheesecake with matcha green tea coming directly from Japan, with a smooth and creamy texture and very delicious. Do you want to learn how to do it? Find out with this recipe.
The cheesecake also popularly known as Cheesecake – is an authentic tradition in America, even becoming a hallmark of New York, and in fact standing out for being a great American classic (as is the case for example with the popular peanut butter and jelly sandwich).
But, did you know that in Japan there is also a very special cheesecake, which has also become a very great -and delicious- tradition? In this country it is made with matcha tea, and its popularity has increased little by little over the years until it even reaches our country.
As its name suggests, we are faced with a cheese cake with matcha, which would be something like a real cheese cake with green tea. Do you dare to prepare it? It is easier than you think, and the result will surely surprise you.
Ingredients for the cream:
- 200 g cream cheese
- 200 ml of whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon of matcha green tea
- 1 tablespoon of powdered gelatin
Ingredients for the topping:
- 1/2 cup of cookies
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (at room temperature)
Preparation of the Matcha Cheesecake:
- First of all, preheat the oven to 160ºC. Meanwhile, after leaving the butter at room temperature, grease a 15-centimeter mold with a little butter.
- In a bowl or bowl, crush the cookies until they are very fine. Mix with the butter until you get a rather homogeneous mixture. Now put the cookie and butter mixture in the bottom of the pan and bake it for 10 minutes. After this time, remove from the oven and let it cool.
- With the help of a mixer, beat the cream well until it is mounted. Then reserve.
- In a bowl put the cream cheese and beat until it is rather smooth. Add the sugar and mix well again.
- Heat the milk without boiling. Add the matcha tea powder and dissolve it very well. It is important that no lumps remain.
- Now add the milk to the cream cheese and mix well again. Now add the cream with the help of a spatula, mixing well but carefully so that the cream does not become liquid.
- Dissolve the gelatin in two tablespoons of water, and when it is liquid, add it to the previous mixture. Beat a little to mix well.
- To finish, pour the cream into the cookie mold and reserve in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
Ready! If you wish, when serving the cake you can sprinkle a little matcha tea on top. It will be great and will also give it a bigger and better flavor.