Low calorie Russian salad recipe, ideal to enjoy without adding extra calories. Main ingredients and steps to make it.
When we are following a weight loss diet, it is true that it is always advisable to opt for low-calorie recipes, which are low in calories, to help us control and reduce weight. Of course, not just any recipe. It is necessary – and essential – that these recipes provide us with the essential nutrients that our body needs so much every day.
When summer arrives and we are following a diet, it can be ideal to opt for refreshing recipes that, in addition to being healthy and low in calories, help us mitigate the heat that we can feel these days.
A great option is fresh salads, fruit cocktails or even other recipes, such as pasta or seafood salads.
But if there is a fairly common “star” dish during this time of year, it is the Russian salad. It is an extremely simple recipe to make, as it is prepared with potatoes, onion, peppers, tuna and olives. But for those who follow a diet there is a food product that can become a real enemy: mayonnaise.
One option is to have on hand a delicious recipe for low-calorie Russian salad, which gives us all the flavor of the best Russian salad, but nevertheless stands out precisely for being low in calories.
Low calorie Russian salad recipe
- 1 jar of light mayonnaise type Ligers.
- 1 kilo of potatoes or potatoes.
- 2 cans of natural tuna.
- 1 red bell pepper.
- 1 onion (remove in case of onion intolerance).
- 4 eggs.
- 1 bottle of olives.
Preparation of the light Russian salad:
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in half.
- Cook them in a saucepan with water, adding a pinch of salt.
- Meanwhile wash the pepper, cut it in half to remove its seeds, and then cut it into thin strips.
- Peel the onion and cut it into very fine squares (skip this step if you are intolerant to onion).
- When the potatoes are cooked reserve and scavenge them very well with the help of a fork.
- When they are well flaked add the tuna, the pepper, and the onion.
- Cook the 4 eggs in a saucepan.
- When the eggs are cooked, let them cool. When they are cold, remove the peel and cut them in half to be left with only their whites.
- Mix the other ingredients with the light mayonnaise.
- Finally garnish with the eggs and add the olives.
- Reserve in the fridge until consumption.