Do you want to learn how to prepare a delicious low-fat yogurt sauce? We explain how to make this ideal recipe for salads that also stands out for being light.
Yogurt sauce is a light, healthy and refreshing sauce. With this sauce we can accompany different types of salads, vegetable salads, pasta salads, Kebabs, vegetables, eggs.
What’s more, it becomes precisely one of the best-known sauce recipes, probably because a few years ago it became very popular by becoming the basic sauce to accompany many Turkish dishes, such as kebabs, which registered a great boom when these types of establishments became fashionable in practically all of our country.
Depending on the ingredients used in its preparation, we can find a mild or more acid yogurt sauce, with a stronger or slightly sweeter flavor. In any case, the truth is that it becomes an ideal option to accompany especially salads, as well as certain meat dishes or vegetarian options such as the delicious seitan.
This time we propose a light version of the popular traditional yogurt sauce, made in this case with skimmed natural yogurt, so that following a weight loss diet does not prevent you from enjoying all the flavor of this sauce. Do you dare to prepare it?
How to make a light yogurt sauce:
The preparation of this wonderful yogurt sauce is extremely simple. In fact, as we briefly mentioned in the previous lines, it becomes an ideal option for those who follow a diet with the aim of losing weight, or for those who simply do not want to add more fat to their diet.
And it is that although it is made with extra virgin olive oil (healthy and recommended fats within the monitoring of a varied and healthy diet, as you surely know), this time we opted for skimmed natural yogurt.
- A natural skimmed yogurt.
- The juice of a small lemon.
- One garlic clove.
- Extra virgin olive oil with a mild flavor.
- A little bit of salt.
- A pinch of ground black pepper.
- A few coriander leaves.
- We put the yogurt in the blender and add the minced garlic.
- We whisk well and add the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- We beat again and add the chopped cilantro.
- Stir with a spoon until the coriander is well mixed.
- We arrange the yogurt sauce in a sauce boat ready to taste with the dishes that we like the most.
- We can substitute the coriander for a few mint leaves and thus vary the flavor of the yogurt sauce.