Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are especially healthy fats and useful in the prevention of a large number of diseases, including cardiovascular diseases or diseases and cancer. Discover its main benefits in cancer prevention.
Over the last few years we have seen how Omega 3 and 6 have become two essential pillars on which a healthy and balanced diet must be sustained. In fact, there are many nutritionists who recommend considerably increasing your consumption due to its more than powerful benefits. They are, as we will see, healthy fatty acids, with many heart-healthy and protective benefits for our health.
Would you like to know what they are? Well, first of all we are going to make a selection of the most important of them all so that you can see first-hand the importance of consuming them almost daily.
When we have finished this point, we will talk about why Omega 3 (and omega 6 in short) is also the most beneficial to prevent cancer to finally tell you in great detail what foods are rich in this fatty acid.
What benefits does Omega 3 and 6 give us?
The fatty acids are a type of polyunsaturated fat, as has been demonstrated in a wide variety of scientific studies, help positively when caring for our cardiovascular system, being especially useful -for example- lowering cholesterol levels both high as high triglycerides.
It should be noted that Omega 3 is an alpha-linolenic acid that contains all kinds of advantages for our cardiovascular health and also for the entire nervous system. Hence, it is most important to consume this natural fat more regularly. What’s more, it can also help us fight some conditions like the ones we describe below:
- They reduce high cholesterol. Omega 3 and 6 acid can help considerably to eliminate bad cholesterol (LDL) from all arteries and veins. This will later mean reducing the chances of suffering a myocardial infarction, a very common disease for those who suffer from obesity.
- They relieve us of stress and anxiety. It is more than proven that Omega 3 and 6 acids also reduce hypertension, another cardiovascular disease that can have the most harmful effects on our health. In this sense, it is advisable to consume this natural substance to at least mitigate its symptoms and also get rid of stress and anxiety.
Omega 3 and 6 acids also reduce the appearance of cancer
As many of you know, almost 80% of cancer cases can appear from leading an unhealthy lifestyle. On many occasions we base our diet on foods rich in saturated fat and sugars that are only going to make us neglect our line and we are more prone to catching more serious diseases like this.
All this without commenting on the consumption of tobacco and alcohol. These two substances are the most harmful above certain amounts and are in fact closely related to cancer of the liver, pancreas or lung. Hence, we do not need to tell you to stay as far away from them if you want to gain quality of life.
However, Omega 3 and 6 acids can also become two powerful allies to prevent cancer. This is because its trace elements are capable of directly “attacking” cancer cells. In this way, it is possible that tumors gradually regress thanks to the powerful benefits of these two fatty acids.
They help reduce the effects of cancer
In the study, the researchers found how the consumption of omega-3 fatty acids contributed to reducing the risk of metastasis in cancer patients.
These fats help make the mobility of cancer cells much more difficult, thereby reducing the risk of invasion and metastasis.
Among other aspects, apparently omega-3 has the ability to reduce the growth of cancer cells, while helping to restore the immune system of sick people.
Foods rich in Omega 3 and 6. Fish, vegetables and nuts
Do you already realize the need to consume them? Well, do not move from your seat because now we are going to tell you what foods are rich in Omega 3 and 6 in order to close this article as clearly as possible:
- Blue fish. Among which are mackerel, tuna, sardine or herring. It is recommended to take them all grilled without any type of sauce.
- Vegetables. Like spinach, cucumbers, Brussels sprouts or lettuce, they are the richest in Omega 3 and 6. And the good thing is that you can mix them all in a rich salad.
- Fruits. Strawberries, pineapples, and grapes are also a powerhouse of these two fatty acids. Why don’t you take them in a delicious fruit salad?
- Natural oils. There are many natural oils very rich in Omega 3 and 6 acids. Among them are sesame, hemp seed, pumpkin, soybean, wheat germ and flaxseed.
- Nuts. Hazelnuts, almonds, and walnuts are also a powerhouse of this fatty acid.