Fennel is a natural food with incredible benefits to calm gas and relieve flatulence. Discover how to take it properly and how to prepare it to enjoy its qualities.
We have all suffered from stomach gas. This annoying condition can occur at any time, in any place, and has different causes after its appearance, ranging from eating food while absorbing a lot of air, eating with anxiety, nerves or anguish, eating excessively fast, without chewing well and as it should…
Even consuming certain foods, such as legumes, whole wheat, fried dishes, bran bread, cabbages, fatty meats, and cauliflower can become a common cause of gas. The same happens when we consume fiber in excess, especially when we are not used to it (for this reason it is recommended to start eating fiber little by little, in small amounts).
Although it is a rather tedious problem, there is a simple way to solve it, and that is by using fennel in its ideal infusion form to fix this condition.
What is fennel?
The fennel is a plant belonging to the genus Foeniculum; in fact, it is the only species belonging to this genus.
It has different uses, both gastronomic and aromatic; Fennel has properties that give different benefits to those who consume it, one of them of course is the property it has to relieve gas in people who take its infusions.
The different benefits of fennel
Fennel is used to treat various diseases and conditions that can affect a person, the most common situations in which the use of fennel can improve the condition of people affected by these will be shown below:
- Diarrhea: the use of fennel fruit can be used to treat diarrhea in people who suffer from it, it can be used as a treatment to accelerate the recovery process from this disease.
- Colitis: which is the inflammation of the colon, the fennel fruit can also be used to treat colitis.
- Intestinal parasites: likewise, the fruit of fennel serves to eliminate intestinal parasites that the body has and purify it of them, deworming whoever uses fennel to treat them.
- Meteoric: which is the abdominal distention caused by the production and accumulation of an excessive amount of gases in the gastrointestinal tract?
- Hypo-secretory dyspepsia: which is laborious and imperfect digestion with decreased stomach secretions?
- Loss of appetite: lack of appetite, which can appear in any kind of individual, fennel, is used to treat this type of case, returning people’s appetite in a healthy and fast way.
- Oliguria: this is the abnormal decrease in the volume of urine of an individual, fennel is also used to treat this type of condition, oliguria can be caused by dehydration, kidney failure or urine retention.
- Urinary lithiasis: it is a solid mass composed of small crystals, in other words, kidney stones; the use of fennel frees the system of these stones.
- Cystitis: inflammation of the urinary bladder.
- Urethritis: which is the inflammation of the urethra, normally caused by germs that are transmitted through sex, characterized by burning and pain when urinating?
- On the other hand, it also helps in case of gastrointestinal spasms and nerve gastralgias.
Prepare the fennel infusion to relieve gas
- The ingredients for the preparation of fennel are really few and easy to get, they are only 2 ingredients that you should always have at home, water, and a dried fennel plant.
- For the preparation, place a glass of water in a pot, and put it on a rapid heat until it boils, while you wait for the water to boil, place two tablespoons of the dried plant or fennel nuts in a cup.
- While it is boiling, the boiling water will be poured over the dried plant, cover the cup and let it rest for a period of 5 to 10 minutes, thus preventing the oils from evaporating where most of the benefits of fennel are found, which is Very important, after this, just strain and then sip the prepared fennel infusion.
- Besides the previous process there are other ways to prepare the fennel infusion; this can be through the use of fennel bags, where the process is repeated, nothing more than the water is poured over the bag that is inside the cup.