Discover useful natural tips to treat, relieve and calm the pain caused by lumbago, one of the most common, habitual and annoying pains.
Low back pain is a frequent discomfort of the back that is located in the lumbar region or the lower part of the back and mainly affects women over 50 years of age, although it is a disease that can also occur at any age.
The symptoms of low back pain are pain, which occurs intensely or very intensely on some occasions in the lower part of the spine. The pain can affect one side or both sides and sometimes the pain spreads to the leg, this happens when the sciatic nerve is compressed.
To avoid or eliminate low back pain from affecting us, we must avoid or correct poor posture and, above all, strengthen the muscles of the lower back.
The causes of low back pain can be several; on many occasions low back pain appears as a result of having suffered a blow, fall or fractures, also as a result of some diseases such as osteoporosis, infection, tumors, and vascular disorders, problems in joints or muscles.
Some inadvisable lifestyle habits are also often the cause of low back pain, such as sedentary lifestyle, poor posture, stress and obesity.
4 natural remedies to help relieve low back pain
Relieving low back pain with totally natural and home remedies is possible, if you like to prepare your own home remedies, then we provide a series of remedies that will help us soothe low back pain.
This ginger compress has anti-inflammatory effects, since ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory.
We will prepare a decoction of ginger root.
To prepare the decoction we need a teaspoon of ginger root and a cup of mineral water.
- We put the water to heat and when it starts to boil add the ginger root, reduce the heat and boil for 15 minutes.
- We put out the fire, and strain the infusion.
- Then we soak a cotton cloth or a compress in the hot decoction and put it on the area.
- We can repeat it three times a day depending on the intensity of the pain.
Vinegar and verbena compress
To prepare this compress of vinegar and verbena we need to prepare an infusion with 2 tablespoons of fresh verbena, a cup of mineral water, a tablespoon of vinegar.
- We put the water to heat and once it starts to boil we add the verbena.
- Remove from heat, strain the infusion and add a tablespoon of vinegar.
- We soak a compressor cotton cloth in the hot infusion and place the compress on the area.
- We will repeat this preparation 2 or 3 times a day depending on the intensity of the pain.
- To prepare this nettle bath we need to make a nettle infusion and add it to the bath water.
- This bath has calming properties while helping to relax contracted muscles.
- We will prepare the infusion with 5 tablespoons of nettle and a liter of water.
- We put the water to boil and once it starts to boil we add the nettle.
- We remove from the heat, strain the infusion and pour it into the bathtub, add hot water in sufficient quantity to be able to submerge the body in it.
- We carefully lower the body into the water and enjoy this calming bath for 20 minutes.
Ginger infusion to drink with anti-inflammatory effects
Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory and taking ginger in infusions will help reduce inflammation in the area, so the pain will also calm down.
- To prepare this infusion we need a teaspoon of ginger root and a cup of mineral water.
- In a heater we put the water to boil and once it starts to boil we add the teaspoon of ginger.
- Remove from the heat, cover the infusion and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- We strain the infusion and when it is lukewarm we can drink it.
- From this infusion we can drink 2 cups a day while we have pain.
Tips for low back pain
In addition to resorting to the natural and homemade preparations that we have mentioned before to relieve low back pain as well as to reduce inflammation, it is advisable to follow a series of general recommendations on how to act while we are suffering from low back pain.
In case of suffering a severe or strong attack of low back pain, it is advisable to rest moderately for about three days, do not exert yourself, do not carry weight, do not bend your back, apply heat to the lower back in 15-minute sessions.
Consult with the doctor so that he prescribes a treatment that also helps to calm the pain.
As often as we notice improvement, we will gradually recover physical activity, always in a moderate way, little by little.
Tips to strengthen the muscles of the lower back
In many cases, the cause of low back pain is a consequence of a lack of muscles in the lower back and little physical activity in the area.
For this reason it is necessary to strengthen or reinforce the muscles of the area to avoid suffering from low back pain.
The exercises to strengthen the muscles in that area are exercises that will help us strengthen both the back muscles and the abdominal muscles.
The recommended exercises are:
- Classic sit-ups (15 times).
- Up and down stairs.
- Lying face up we raise both legs at the same time (15 times).
- Lying on our back, we grab both legs, and try to bring our knees to our chest (15 times).
- Movements with the belly: hide the belly inside while we hold it for a few seconds, then little by little we release the belly (5 times).
Chiropractic for the spine and joints
It can be said that chiropractic is tremendously effective in treating various health problems, from headaches (home remedies for headaches) to other injuries and traumas, including the spine and joints.
Explained in a simple way, we can indicate that chiropractic preserves the idea of a truly holistic approach to both health and disease itself, recognizing the inherent ability of the body to heal it.
How does the chiropractic doctor work?
Primarily, the chiropractic physician focuses on the relationship of the spine and the musculoskeletal structure of the body with the nervous system.
Not surprisingly, the nervous system is the one that holds the key to the body’s incredible potential to heal itself, since it controls and coordinates the different functions of all the body’s systems.
The most important reason that proper alignment of the spine is essential for optimal health is that the spine acts as a hub for the nervous system.
From chiropractic point of view, when there is nerve interference caused by misalignment of the spine (known as a dislocation), pain can occur, while our body’s defenses can be lowered.
At this point, by adjusting the spinal vertebrae, normal nerve function can be restored.