Tips and tricks to protect yourself from the sun when sunbathing, without endangering the health of our skin through simple tricks.
The good weather arrives, and although the beginning of spring has not yet taken place, with its arrival the good weather also tends to arrive, the brightest days and also a little more heat.
But it is with the arrival of summer when the summer season finally begins in the sense that many people finally enjoy their long-awaited vacations and spend some time resting and relaxing.
However, when it comes to getting a healthy tan, and especially a natural tan, it is essential to follow some tips that help protect our skin from the sun.
It is not enough to use the corresponding sun protection, since we must take into account some basic advice during the first days that we are going to start sunbathing.
How to protect yourself from the sun:
- Use sunscreen with an adequate protection factor according to your skin type. Of course, during the first days it is recommended to use a protection factor of 50. If you are a person with light skin and light eyes, it is best that your protection factor does not drop below 40. While if you are a person whose skin tans moderately, it is best to lower it little by little as the days go by. Up to protection factor 20.
- Before sunbathing, apply photo protective cream, at least 30 minutes before exposure.
- If it is cloudy, apply photo protective cream normally, in the same way that you would if it was sunny.
- Avoid exposing yourself to the sun between 12:00 and 4:00 p.m., especially the first few days.
- Wear sunglasses with protective lenses capable of absorbing ultra-violet rays.
- Wear a hat; it will help protect your head.
In addition to following these tips, there are also other habits that you should keep in mind when sunbathing:
- Drink plenty of water. It will help you hydrate your body properly. It is not advisable to wait until you are thirsty.
- Never use perfumes or colognes. In addition to causing skin reaction, you could stain it. The same goes for deodorant.
In case you don’t like the sun, you can always opt for sun tanning alternatives. However, if this is not the case, remember that there are tanning foods that will be useful to you, as well as some tricks to prolong your tan.