Do you want to learn how to make a delicious chocolate mousse with a spongy texture and that is also perfect? We propose this delicious recipe with pure dark chocolate.
If there is a dessert that is generally creamy and fluffy, with a curious texture with tiny bubbles, and that is traditionally made with chocolate, it is quite possible that the first that comes to mind is the mousse, one of the most traditional and typical desserts of the French gastronomy that has reached many other countries and that many people like so much.
It is indeed a dessert of French origin, which is made with whipped egg whites (like a kind of meringue), which is precisely what gives it its characteristically spongy consistency, and its texture with small bubbles. . It is also possible to make it with whipped cream, although in general the most commonly used recipe is that of egg white.
But we must bear in mind that such a characteristic texture is due precisely to the egg whites whipped until stiff and their correct mixture with the base cream from which it starts, and which would finally make up the mousse itself.
Due to its texture, it is also popularly called foam, finding us before an exquisite dessert that, well prepared, stands out for its appetizing appearance that when taking the first spoon gives us the possibility of distinguishing its soft and fluffy texture.
Some tricks to keep in mind before making a chocolate mousse
Believe it or not, if you want to make a perfectly fluffy chocolate mousse, you need to take into account a series of tricks or basic ideas that will help you achieve the expected result.
Take good note:
- Use good quality dark chocolate: not only in the chocolate mousse, but before making any dessert, it is best to always opt for good quality chocolate with a minimum of 70% cocoa, so that it is as pure as possible. .
- Avoid sugar: chocolate, even if it is dark, already has enough sweetness on its own so as not to commit the clumsiness of adding sugar. Therefore, avoid sugar whenever you are going to make a chocolate mousse.
- Add a pinch of salt: Although it seems difficult to understand, adding a pinch of salt to the chocolate mousse will allow you to enjoy the chocolate flavor even more, turning it into a slightly more intense flavor.
Perfect Chocolate Mousse Recipe
We are going to learn how to make a perfect chocolate mousse. For this we propose ingredients for 4 people. On the other hand, it will take 30 minutes to make it and 3 hours in total to finish it; and has 355 calories per cup. This time we will choose to use cream instead of egg white. You will see the perfect result for yourself.
- 200 grams chocolate 70% minimum cocoa
- 100ml of cream 35% MG + 200 ml. semi-whipped cream 35% MG
- A pinch of flake salt
Preparation of the perfect chocolate mousse:
- First, grate the chocolate and reserve it. Then put in a saucepan 100 ml. of cream and heat until it reaches the boiling point. Remove from heat and while still hot, add the grated dark chocolate. Stir with the help of a wooden spoon until the chocolate is melted and perfectly shiny. Add a pinch of flake salt and mix again. Let the melted chocolate aerate and reach a temperature of at least 35º.
- Meanwhile, beat the rest of the cold cream until you get a semi-whipped texture (that is, preventing it from getting completely whipped to achieve the sponginess we are looking for). Reserve in the refrigerator.
- When the melted chocolate reaches the indicated temperature, add three tablespoons of the semi-whipped cream and, with the help of a spatula, stir little by little, delicately, always with enveloping movements until no lines of color form. Once this is achieved, add the rest of the chocolate and stir gently again.
- It is the ideal time to pour the mousse into glasses or in the place where you are going to serve it.
- Put the chocolate mousse in the freezer and reserve for 3 hours. Then keep it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.