Suchard nougat is a popular Christmas sweet made of chocolate and crispy rice. If you like it like we do, discover how to make it at home easily, in a simple way and also very, very crunchy.
Suchard nougat is without a doubt one of the most significant protagonists of Christmas. Since the month of December begins to appear on the horizon, these sweets wrapped in a golden package begin to flood all supermarkets and shops around the world.
And it is from that moment on that the little ones begin to ask their respective parents to give them a Suchard nougat tablet to whet their appetites before December 25. And the truth is that it is not for less. It is a sweet that is an explosion of flavors thanks to the great concentration of pure chocolate accompanied by a most characteristic texture that toasted rice flakes give it.
In fact, the acceptance and impact that this nougat has had has accompanied us for generations for more than a century thanks to Philippe Suchard . Since he was a child, this Swiss chocolate dreamed of sharing and expanding his authentic passion for chocolate throughout the world, which he had had since he could remember.
Moreover, in 1826, Philippe was able to found his first chocolate shop from which he was able to start selling his sweets and nougats to many European countries, who from the first moment were delighted with his artisanal touch and intense flavor.
Although it was not until 1910 when the first chocolate shop opened in Spain under the name of Suchard. And since then, this characteristic type of nougat has flooded all our Christmas tables with all kinds of merit.
Homemade Suchard nougat very simple recipe
After having briefly known the history of the Suchard nougat, then we are going to go to what really matters to you. So we are not going to wait any longer and then we are going to tell you all the steps to follow to make this recipe for homemade Suchard nougat come true, which is completely delicious. Although first, it will be necessary to point out the following ingredients
- 200 grams of dark chocolate with 70% cocoa
- 150 grams of milk chocolate (Nestlé or Milka brand)
- 50 grams of puffed rice
- 40 grams of butter
Do you already have everything ready? So let’s go there with all the steps to follow :
Preparation of Suchard nougat:
- We take a saucepan with half a liter of water and take it to the fire. We heat it to later add the butter in another container that we will melt in a water bath.
- After two or three minutes and making sure that it has completely melted, add the dark and milk chocolate, finely chopped.
- With the help of a silicone spatula, we stir the ingredients until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Remove from heat when both chocolates are sufficiently melted. After this, add the puffed rice and mix again.
- Pour everything into a rectangular mould with a special baking paper to prevent it from sticking to the base. We put it in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours until it is well solidified. And finger licking!
The final advice we give you is to try as much as possible to put as much chocolate without rice in the base so that it is more aesthetic. You can also opt for molds with the most varied shapes in order to improve the presentation.
In short, this recipe is very simple to prepare and all the ingredients can be found in any super market. So take advantage of the fact that there are only a couple of weeks left until Christmas and start learning how to cook this Suchard nougat with which both your friends and family will be eternally grateful.