How is Gloria’s cake made? Discover the original recipe to learn how to make these delicious Christmas cupcakes, so typical of Christmas.
Andalusia is one of those regions that offers us a multitude of the most varied cakes and sweets. This premise is fulfilled especially at Christmas, that time so propitious to be surrounded by our closest family and friends at a table full of nougat and marzipan of all kinds.
However, there are many people who feel the need to innovate a little to delight their palate with Christmas sweets that are a bit out of tradition and established norm. And that is where these pastelitos de Gloria come into the scene, a very typical sweet from the southeast of Andalusia and that is characterized by melting just at the precise moment in which it touches our palate.
Would you like to learn how to cook them from the kitchen of your house since you have guests on December 25? Well, we can only tell you that you have just arrived at the right place. And it is that through this recipe you are going to realize how simple they are to prepare.
Gloria cupcakes Recipe. Ideal for the Christmas dinner
Although before making these Gloria sweets a reality, it is very important that you go to the nearest supermarket so that you can get hold of the following ingredients.
Ingredients for Gloria cupcakes:
- 500 grams of ground almonds
- 400 grams of sugar
- 250 grams of icing sugar
- 250 grams of sweet potatoes
- 250 ml of water
- Lemon zest
Have you already achieved everything? Well, now we are going to the “heart” of the matter to explain all the steps to follow to make these Gloria cupcakes a reality.
How is glory cake made?
- We will start by heating a saucepan with water together with the 400 grams of sugar. We will let it boil for 1 minute until we get a kind of syrup mixture. Add the half kilo of ground almonds with a little lemon zest and mix everything with the help of a wooden spoon. We remove it from the heat, sprinkle all the icing sugar, wrap the mixture with transparent film and put it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Put the sweet potatoes in the oven for about 20-30 minutes until they are well roasted. We remove their pulp and crush it with the help of a fork. After this, we pass them to a saucepan along with a couple of tablespoons of sugar until we get a cream. Let it rest for about 45-60 minutes and then transfer it to a pastry bag.
- Next, we will divide the mixture that we have made in the first point to give it an oval and hollow shape inside. We can help ourselves with an egg carton to achieve the desired shape. With the help of the pastry bag, pour the roasted sweet potato with sugar into each of the portions.
- Finally, all that remains is to put them in a preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes at a temperature of 180º. We can give it the final touch with a little more icing sugar on top or with a little cinnamon to our liking.
It is recommended to take these Gloria cakes as a dessert after a copious meal accompanied by wine or a fruity liqueur.