Fried milk is a traditional and delicious dessert, very popular in Spain, where it is usually consumed in autumn and winter. Find out how to do it easily.
Fried milk is without a doubt one of the most consumed sweets during the winter. And therefore we do not need to tell you that it is a dessert that begins to acquire a lot of prominence when the thermometer begins to plummet from the month of November.
In fact, it is estimated that the origin of fried milk took place in the north of Spain, more specifically throughout some regions of Castilla León such as Valladolid or Palencia where temperatures can drop below zero degrees during the harsh months of winter.
The recipe for fried milk is made up entirely of milk, flour, sugar, cinnamon and lemon, ingredients that are mixed over a very low heat until you get very long and square portions that turn out to be an explosion of flavors on our palate.
It is a dessert that is also very simple to prepare and is therefore a very useful option if we are going to receive an unexpected visitor at home and we want to surprise her with a sweet that is always a guarantee of success.
For this reason, we recommend that you give it a try if you have run out of ideas when it comes to cooking your own desserts. And it is that fried milk is an option as simple as it is delicious with which all the members of your family or friends will be truly delighted.
Simple fried milk recipe. All the steps to follow
Surely after reading this introductory paragraph about fried milk, you have an overwhelming desire to try this sweet as soon as possible. But be calm! we only want you to lick your fingers with all the recipes that we have been proposing over the last few years. And this maxim with this dessert was not going to be less.
Therefore, below we are going to propose a recipe for fried milk that is very easy to prepare and that you can make a reality from your home kitchen.
Although first of all, you are going to need the following ingredients: half a liter of whole milk, two large eggs, 100 grams of sugar, lemon zest, 60 grams of corn flour (cornstarch), 50 grams of cinnamon, 50 grams of cinnamon , a sprig of vanilla and oil for frying.
Preparation of fried milk:
Do you already have everything? Well, now we will go to the most important thing to make this delicious fried milk dessert a reality. And for this, you will have to follow the following steps:
- In a mixing bowl, add the sugar, the flour, the two eggs and 250ml of milk. We remove everything well using a few rods.
- In a separate saucepan we begin to heat the rest of the milk, the vanilla stick together with a little cinnamon to our liking and the lemon zest.
- We stir everything over low heat until it starts to boil. Let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Let’s pour the first ingredients together with the hot milk and reheat it over a very low heat without the cinnamon and vanilla. We keep stirring so that no lumps appear. We put everything in the fridge for the next 24 hours.
- After this time, we will obtain dough that we will cut into rectangular or square shapes that we will then pass through a mixture of flour and egg.
- Next, we will pass these shapes through boiling oil until they are well fried. Finally, we sprinkle them with sugar and ground cinnamon to our liking. And finger licking!