Cinnamon rolls are cinnamon rolls, wonderful little buns with a curious shape and a delicious flavor. Discover how to make them at home with this recipe.
Cinnamon rolls or Cinnamon Rolls are exquisite sweets with which we can surprise our guests this Christmas, although to tell the truth they are so delicious and can be enjoyed practically all year round. The origin of these sweets is not entirely clear, the data we have about Cinnamon Rolls is that the first cinnamon rolls began to be seen in 1920 when sweet breads began to be made.
Today they are part of the confectionery of the United States, Sweden, Finland and other countries of Northern Europe. In fact, today these sweets are made in many countries. They are ideal sweets to taste both for breakfast and snacks, accompanied by tea, a cup of coffee or a cup of hot chocolate.
These rolls are made with dough that has yeast and once the dough is formed, it is covered with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar that becomes the filling of the sweet.
The dough can be made with a homemade recipe or also with already prepared dough that we can get in the market or in bakeries.
Everything will depend on the time we have to make the Cinnamon Rolls; with the dough already made industrially they are also very tasty.
If we decide on the already prepared dough, we must observe before buying it that it is pastry dough with yeast.
Cinnamon Rolls are very easy to make and in no time we will have some sweets ready to taste this Christmas.
To prepare the Cinnamon Rolls we only need the ingredients that we provide below and follow these simple steps.
Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
If we have decided on the already prepared dough, we must put it at room temperature so that it thaws at least 30 or 40 minutes before preparing the rolls.
- A package of fresh yeast dough.
- 30 grams of white sugar.
- 40 grams of brown or whole sugar.
- 50 grams of ointment butter without salt.
- A teaspoon of cinnamon powder, (from the coffee ones).
- Icing sugar to decorate.
- We open the package, remove the dough and stretch it. Melt the butter, either in a hot pot or in the microwave. Once the butter has melted, take a brush and brush the dough on one side with butter.
- With the sugar and cinnamon we make a mixture. We spread the sugar and cinnamon mixture well over the entire surface of the dough that has butter. Next we roll up the dough.
- When we have the roll ready, we cut it in half. Then we cut the dough until we get all the rolls. Depending on the thickness that we cut them, we can have 14 or 16 rolls.
- With parchment paper we cover the oven tray. We are placing the rolls on the oven tray, separated, so that they do not stick when the dough rises.
- We put the oven to preheat with a temperature of 180º C, for 10 minutes. Put the tray in the oven at a medium height and cook the cinnamon rolls for about 15 minutes, watching them so they don’t brown too much.
- Once they are golden brown, remove the tray from the oven and let them cool.
- At the time of the presentation we will sprinkle a little icing sugar on top of each cinnamon roll.
- We already have our Cinnamon Rolls ready; I hope you enjoy these sweets on these endearing dates.