If you have diarrhea, the carrot rice recipe is one of the most recommended folk remedies, thanks to its astringent qualities. Find out how to do it at home easily.
Diarrhea consists of an increase in the frequency of stools, which in turn is accompanied by a decrease in their consistency. This increased frequency of bowel movements tends to be more than 3 a day, and can sometimes contain undigested food, blood, mucus, or pus. Regarding its causes, they are actually very varied, although we must bear in mind that the most common one has its origin in an infectious process, which is acquired by food poisoning.
There are also certain diseases that can cause diarrhea, such as the different inflammatory bowel diseases, such as Cohn’s disease (chronic autoimmune bowel disease) and ulcerative colitis (inflammatory disease of the colon characterized by inflammation and ulceration of the inner wall of the colon). Episodes of gastritis or emotional gastritis can cause diarrhea, as occurs with irritable bowel, which also alternates with periods of constipation.
The truth is that the symptoms of diarrhea are actually very clear, since there is an increase in the number of stools, together with a decrease in consistency. In addition, when the diarrhea is very large or excessive, it is most common for dehydration to appear due to fluid loss. On the other hand, abdominal pain, fever and food intolerance may also occur, which is accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
Treatments for diarrhea
When there is diarrhea, it is essential to diagnose what has been the cause that has caused its appearance, so that adequate medical treatment is established. When diarrhea is mild, the consumption of plenty of fluids is generally recommended, as a way of providing hydration to the body.
While when the diarrhea is more severe, and is accompanied by dehydration, many doctors advise treating the patient in hospital, in order to administer fluids intravenously.
Natural tips for diarrhea
- Drink plenty of fluids: as we mentioned earlier, it is ideal to drink between 1.5 to 2 liters of water a day to replace the fluids that our body has lost with diarrhea. You can opt for water, infusions that are not diuretic or laxative, and isotonic drinks.
- Make broth or rice water: it is a popular traditional remedy in the treatment of diarrhea, as it helps in a very positive way in relieving it, while calming the common stomach discomfort.
- Apples: they are ideal when cooked or roasted, since their pectin content helps relieve diarrhea and protect the stomach.
- Avoid certain foods: especially eliminate those foods that are rich in fiber, such as vegetables, cereals, legumes and greens. Also nuts and wheat bran. On the other hand, it is advisable to avoid the consumption of dairy products, orange or lemon juice and coffee.
Rice with carrot recipe to relieve diarrhea
We propose below the elaboration of one of the most popular recipes that exist in case of diarrhea, thanks to the fact that it contains white rice (a food with astringent qualities) and carrot (helps to care for and protect the intestinal mucosa).
Ingredients, what do you need?
- 1 cup of rice
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 cups of hot water
Steps to make carrot rice:
- Heat the 2 cups of water in a saucepan, and when it boils add the grated carrots, letting it boil for a few minutes.
- Add the rice and let it cook.
- When the rice is cooked season with a pinch of salt.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cooking water (reserving it to drink later), and serve.
Remember that it is very important not to fill yourself up too much with what you eat. Therefore, it is best to eat small portions until the diarrhea begins to disappear and your stomach is less sore.