If you are stressed or nervous you can prepare a bath to relax at home. We explain what ingredients you need and how to make it easily to enjoy its qualities.
When you are going through a time of stress or anxiety, you already know that there are many easy and simple tricks to be able to lower those revolutions and feel better. From food – with a green juice or an infusion – to music or physical exercise. In short, in our day to day we actually have at our disposal a wide variety of useful tools to reduce nerves and calm down.
But, it is true; few things are as pleasant as a good relaxing bath. Its health benefits are obvious: it helps us relax in a completely natural way, it is useful against nervous tension and stress, improves insomnia, relieves and calms muscle and joint pain and is also extremely positive for our skin. .
And how could it be less, this time we give you all the keys to turn your bathroom into a small and intimate spa.
I remember the first time I walked into what was to be my new apartment and I saw that beautiful white tub… If you have the chance to do a good soaking bath, the right setting, lights or candles, scents and a few more tricks They will allow you to forget about the vertigo of work and the street. And yes, it is quite possible that you want to stay until you look well wrinkled… Well, take note that here we bring you many tips to prepare a good relaxing bath at home.
Some of these tips that we will start with will not seem like something out of a fairy tale, but they are no less valid for that. If you ignore them, you may find yourself in the middle of your bathroom thinking about it, instead of relaxing.
Useful tips before preparing your relaxing bath
- Take your time. No one can relax if they close their eyes for a moment and watch how many minutes have passed, because they are late for an appointment or have left their food in the oven.
- If someone else is home, let them know you’re going to take some time to be quiet. There is nothing more frustrating than beginning to relax and someone knocking on your door every so often to ask you something, to hurry you out of the bathroom. Nothing of that!
- Make sure that the space you will be in is clean and tidy. This detail will avoid distractions and make the environment more pleasant.
- It is advisable to take a short shower beforehand, so that later the bath water will be cleaner and more pleasant.
- Regulate the water to a comfortable temperature; a warm bath should not make you feel overwhelmed by the heat, just as it is not relaxing to shiver in the middle of the bathtub.
How to prepare a relaxing bath:
Then we have to attend to the classic elements of a good relaxing bath. It is best to place a few drops of essential oils. About 8 drops is enough for the water to take on the aroma and properties of the chosen oil.
And which ones are the most suitable? Lavender is a classic for these bathrooms due to its relaxing effect. Or you can also opt for bath salts, for this you will need two cups.
Background music should not be missing, at a not very loud volume, especially if it is relaxing. Always remember that if you use any device that is plugged in, it must be far from the bathtub and where it does not get wet. The same if you decide to set the bathroom with some candles, you have to place them in safe places, where there is no danger of burning anything.
To give the final touch, have a glass of a drink that you like and something delicious to eat, for example, I think that some well-frozen cherries are ideal. When you leave, wrap yourself in the softest towel you have and lie down on the bed.
Well, with all these tips, we hope you can find that relaxation you need… it’s just a few steps away.