Discover how to prepare a very beneficial medicinal infusion for the care and protection of the liver. We explain how to do it easily at home.
The liver is one of the most important organs in our body, mainly because together with the kidneys they are the organs that are responsible for detoxification and purification of the body. But in the particular case of the liver, it is true that it also participates and performs a large number of functions: it stores and releases sugar into the blood, controls blood sugar levels, and are responsible for the synthesis of fatty acids. And triglycerides, it stores fats, secretes bile, stores certain vitamins and nutrients (such as iron and vitamins A, B12 and D) and removes various impurities from the blood.
As you surely know, the liver is one of the largest organs, being the largest in the human body. It receives approximately 1.5 liters of blood per minute, and can weigh between 1.4 and 1.6 kg, measuring about 10 centimeters at its highest point. It is divided into two parts: the right lobe (the place where the gallbladder is located), and the left lobe.
Among the diseases that today most commonly affect this organ is the one known as fatty liver, so common today with the increase in overweight and obesity, which increase dangerously every year. We can also mention inflammation of the liver, which can be caused by the accumulation of fat in this organ or other diseases such as hepatitis.
The truth is that when it comes to purifying the liver naturally, and taking care of it effectively, an excellent option is to know that there are a certain series of plants and herbs with recognized protective, detoxifying and purifying action, especially suitable for the natural liver care. This time we explain how to make a wonderful infusion for the liver.
Ingredients, what do you need to make the infusion for the liver?
- 1 teaspoon of dandelion
- 1 teaspoon milk thistle
- 1 teaspoon artichoke
- 1 cup of water
Steps to prepare this beneficial infusion
- First, put the equivalent of a cup of water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Just when it reaches the boiling point, add the herbs in the amounts indicated.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- After this time, turn off the heat, cover and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Finally strain and drink.
How to take this infusion: it is advisable to take this infusion 3 times a day, preferably before each meal.
Contraindications of the infusion for the liver
The consumption of this infusion is not recommended in case of pregnancy and breastfeeding, presence of stones in the gallbladder, heartburn, stomach ulcers and hypersensitivity or allergy to any of the mentioned plants.
Dandelion benefits for the liver
- Liver scrubber.
- It helps to eliminate the different toxins that have accumulated in the liver.
- Increases the production of bile, improving the cleaning of this organ.
Benefits of milk thistle for the liver
- Regenerator of liver cells.
- Hepatoprotective, acting as a protector of liver cells.
- Detoxifying and purifying.
Benefits of artichoke for the liver
- Like the other plants, it helps purify and detoxify the liver.
- Helps reduce and eliminate fat accumulated in the liver (fatty liver).