If you love Christmas and also Christmas sweets, we suggest this delicious recipe to make sweet nougat with honey and almonds at home. Delicious and very easy to make!
Just the name of this sweet alone smells like Christmas: honey and almond nougat. We can consider this sweet as a homemade honey and almond nougat, with the difference that we can make it in such a way that it looks like small pieces. Moreover, it is very easy to make and does not require much time to make.
Both almonds and honey are two products that are part of many sweets that are made at Christmas, such as nougats, alfajores, almonds, shortbread, marzipan or what is known as imperial cake.
And there is no doubt that Christmas stands out precisely for that reason: not only because it gives us the opportunity to enjoy the holidays in the company of the people we love the most, but also because of the wide variety of wonderful recipes and dishes that we can eat these days. An example is precisely all those typical Christmas sweets, which we can buy at Christmas markets or even easily make at home.
With regard to this nougat whose recipe we want to talk to you about on this occasion, if we do not get the almonds in granules, we can use a mince, grinder or a knife and make them granules.
Honey and almond nougat recipe
- 150 grams almond granules.
- 250ml of flower or bee honey.
- 300 grams of sugar.
Preparation of the honey and almond nougat:
- In a saucepan or heater, bring the honey and sugar to a boil.
- Once it is boiling, remove from heat.
- Add the almonds and stir to mix well.
- Take a piece of parchment paper and spread it out on the counter.
- Then we pour the mixture that we have prepared on the paper and with the help of a spatula we extend it so that we have a height of about 2 cm.
- We cover the mixture that we have spread with another piece of baking paper.
- We let it cool covered and when it is cold without removing the paper that covers it, we cut it into pieces or squares or making diamonds as you like or find it more comfortable.
- At the time of serving it we will present it with the paper on top and when we go to taste it we will remove the paper.