Pomegranate juice is a wonderful natural drink rich in benefits and detoxifying properties. Find out how to make it at home with this pomegranate juice recipe.
The pomegranate is the fleshy fruit of the pomegranate, a tree that we find in both tropical and subtropical areas. Regarding the fruit, it is a highly characteristic food, with a globular appearance and a size larger than that of an apple, with a hard rind and brown to red color, inside which we find some wonderful seeds that in definitive are the main ones that provide their incredible qualities, properties and benefits.
It is a fruit known for being typical of autumn, although it is true that in various developed countries it is possible to find it in the summer months. In fact, it becomes a fruit of choice for the hottest months of the year for its refreshing qualities. It is even possible to find it throughout the year.
When it comes to enjoying its different benefits, there are two basic options. The first, and most common, is to consume its seeds fresh and whole. To achieve this, it is necessary to cut the pomegranate in half and try to extract its seeds by tapping the hard rind with the help of a spoon. On the other hand, another ideal option is to make a wonderful pomegranate juice.
How to prepare pomegranate juice:
Actually making pomegranate juice is extremely simple and easy. You only need the ingredients that we indicate below, and follow the necessary preparation steps.
- 1 or 2 grenades
- Honey, stevia, or brown cane sugar (optional)
Steps to make pomegranate juice
Although it is possible to prepare pomegranate juice by blending the seeds in a blender, there is a much easier option since it is not necessary to extract the seeds with a spoon.
Just use your juicer (yes, the same one with which you make orange or lemon juice), wash the pomegranates well, cut them in half and squeeze them well. You will notice that some seeds will stick to the juicer. If so, you can consume them whole without crushing them.
Since this juice will have a somewhat harsh taste, if you wish you can sweeten it with honey, brown sugar or stevia.
It is a juice with incredible detoxifying benefits, so to take advantage of its qualities it is best to try to consume a glass of this juice a day.
The properties of pomegranate juice
As we indicated in the previous lines, pomegranate juice surprises above all for its recognized curative, preventive and protective qualities. Specifically, it stands out for the following properties:
- Helps to take care of cardiovascular health: thanks to its richness in antioxidants, pomegranate juice is ideal for taking care of our heart and our cardiovascular health in general, being useful for cleaning the arteries while reducing high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Reduces arterial hypertension: in addition to taking care of our cardiovascular health, pomegranate juice favors and improves blood circulation, so it is very interesting to reduce high blood pressure.
- Purifying the kidneys: especially due to its high potassium content. It is useful to purify the kidneys naturally, as well as to prevent fluid retention.
- Great antioxidant power: precisely because of its richness in antioxidants, pomegranate juice is very interesting when it comes to providing these essential nutrients to our body, which is why it helps to reduce the negative effects of free radicals.