Constipation can cause hemorrhoids. For this reason, knowing how to prevent constipation helps prevent hemorrhoids. Discover useful tips to help you.
Both constipation and hemorrhoids can appear for a wide variety of causes. The first condition appears mainly due to the lack of fiber in our diet, which can cause the intestinal stone to atrophy and block.
Although it can also appear in all those people who suffer from diabetes. Even some pictures of stress and depression can cause constipation to get worse and worse.
For their part, hemorrhoids are nothing more than plexuses or pads that contain arterial and sub mucosal tissue that are around the entire canal of the anus.
These appear mainly due to constipation since the excess effort made when defecating causes the tissue to open and deteriorate causing tremendous pain to the sufferer.
In fact, although hemorrhoids can appear due to any other factor, especially due to pregnancy, aging or diarrhea, constipation (and especially chronic constipation) is one of the main causes of the appearance of what is known as hemorrhoid.
And it is that the effort that makes the push to evacuate the intestine tends to cause damage to the rectum-anal area, which in turn leads to inflammation of the veins, and therefore the appearance of hemorrhoids. But like everything, any of these conditions can be avoided in the following way.
How can we avoid constipation?
First of all, we are going to talk about the different ways that you can use to avoid any picture of constipation. Pay close attention because this information can be very useful:
- Eat foods rich in fiber. This should be one of the steps to follow if you suffer from constipation. And it is that fiber can clean your entire intestinal calculus and therefore encourages you to go to the bathroom more regularly. Among the foods rich in this component, it is worth highlighting vegetables such as cauliflowers, cabbages and broccoli, fruits such as peaches and strawberries, dried fruits such as almonds and walnuts and any whole wheat origin.
- Drink a large amount of water. Constipation can also occur because the stool is too hard and rigid and therefore cannot pass through the intestine normally. To remedy it, be sure to drink a couple of glasses of water during meals.
- Get exercise. Doing any sports practice for at least a couple of times a week not only serves to take care of the line and lose those extra kilos. It is also very useful to say goodbye to constipation. The reason? Well, because from the precise moment we start running or riding a bike, our entire gastric system goes into “motion” thus making it easier to go to the bathroom.
Constipation and hemorrhoids: How can we avoid them?
The constipation is considered as common intestinal and digestive problems, in which the person is not going to the bathroom many times considered normal.
In this sense, not going to the bathroom well causes a series of health consequences, with various pathologies and disorders resulting precisely from that constipation.
One of these disorders is the direct relationship between hemorrhoids and constipation: inflammation of the veins in the rectum-anal area, which particularly in this case, appears as a consequence of the effort of pushing to evacuate the intestine.
Now that you know better how to avoid constipation, next we will emphasize how to avoid hemorrhoids:
- Avoid being overweight. We were already commenting at the beginning of the article that one of the main causes of the appearance of hemorrhoids is due to being overweight. Therefore, to avoid this, it is a good idea to eat a healthy and balanced diet without excesses together with a sports activity that constantly stimulates you.
- Keep the whole area very clean. It is highly recommended to take the entire area of your buttocks and anus perfectly clean through daily hygiene. In this way, we will avoid the possibility of the appearance of hemorrhoids.
- Avoid foods that are spicy or with too much salt. At the beginning of the article we have also emphasized the need for a diet rich in all kinds of nutrients to avoid hemorrhoids. Does this mean that you can take everything? Nothing is further from reality. You should also stay away from foods that are too seasoned or very spicy that will only cause you to suffer from constipation, a condition that can later aggravate any hemorrhoid condition.
What else can we do? Prevention of hemorrhoids caused by constipation
But this disorder, especially constipation, can be prevented with the adoption of a balanced and healthy diet, mainly rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
It is also necessary to consume at least two liters of water a day, in addition to physical exercise daily, or at least 3 times a week.