If you follow us for some time, surely you have noticed that, whenever we can, we try to defend the presentation of fruits and vegetables in the diet and daily food.
Mainly, because they tend to be some of the fundamental foods when you want to enjoy both a healthy life and a healthy lifestyle.
In previous moments we have dealt with the benefits of many fruits (pear, apple, strawberry, grape, lemon, avocado …). We have even found out about the calories in fruits.
But this time we are not going to echo the nutritional properties of a certain fruit itself, but of fruits in general.
Benefits and properties of fruits
As you can imagine, it is true that each fruit has its own specific advantages, although this group of foods share certain benefits and general properties that are very important for health:
- Importance in vitamins: among the most important vitamins that we can find in many fruits, vitamin C, provitamin a, antioxidant nutrients and beta-carotene stand out. Of course, in small proportions we can also find some vitamins of group B.
- Rich in minerals: Fruits also stand out for their high mineral content. For example, potassium is abundant, which is essential to maintain a healthy nervous system. They also contain magnesium, which helps improve intestinal function.
- High amount of fiber: Fruits contain a high satiety value because they contain a lot of fiber. In this case, the pectin, soluble in water, stands out. It is most advisable that the fruits are not peeled, since most of the fiber is found in the peels.
- High water content: Fruits, in addition to containing a large amount of fiber, vitamins and minerals, stand out because they contain a high proportion of water, which gives them a high value and cleansing power. In addition, it helps to detoxify the body, while together with the fiber it gives a feeling of satiety, helping to control the appetite.
- They also contain phytochemicals: Phytochemicals are the pigments that give all fruits their color and aroma. They also have antioxidant properties and benefits, which help delay the deterioration of organic tissues, and prevent the appearance of cancer while delaying aging.
Why should we eat fruit every day?
There are many specialists in medicine, nutrition and dietetics who defend the daily consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables, as a way not only to enjoy a healthy and balanced diet, but also to ensure good health, not only for the present, but also for the future.
Not surprisingly, many of the benefits of fruits are known, which they provide especially to those people who tend to consume them every day on a regular basis.
But, nevertheless, and despite this and the great diffusion that these natural foods have had in recent years, there are statistics that show that we consume less fruit than we actually should.
Discover other interesting qualities that eating at least 1 fruit a day gives us:
- It is rich in vitamins and minerals, essential nutrients for the proper functioning of our body.
- It is rich in fiber, being useful in helping to improve intestinal motility and prevent constipation.
- Provides a large amount of water, essential for our body. They are ideal for hydrating our body.
- Rich in phytochemicals with antioxidant properties and virtues.
- Helps in maintaining good general health.
- Useful against cancer, by helping to prevent its appearance.
- They help delay aging.
- They help keep our nervous system in good condition.
- They cool when it’s hot.