Do you want to learn how to prepare a wonderful fruit nougat, made with candied fruit and marzipan nougat? Discover the steps and ingredients with this Christmas recipe.
Although the nougat becomes a typical Christmas sweet, in fact becoming a delicious traditional and popular sweet, the truth is that today we can find a wide variety of flavors in the supermarket, which in reality have nothing to do with it. Do with the more traditional nougat.
And it is that speaking of traditional nougat, there is no doubt that we could mention two especially typical during these days of the year so endearing and special. One of them is the popular nougat from Jejuna, also known as white nougat and made with ground almonds and honey. Another of them is the delicious nougat from Alicante, which differs from the previous one in those whole almonds, sugar and wafers are used.
However, among the other nougat that can also be enjoyed during Christmas, and which also enjoy a certain popularity, we can mention the wonderful fruit nougat, a delicious option that is traditionally made with candied fruit and ground almonds.
It is a Christmas dessert that today has also become a typical sweet for these holidays, since it has been made and consumed for many decades in our country, where it is common for a tablet of this delicious dessert for Christmas.
Unlike the rest of the classic nougat, the truth is that we are faced with a curious sweet that is originally made with a base of marzipan nougat (which is made with ground almonds, icing sugar and egg white), which is then add candied or candied fruit.
Do you dare to prepare it at home? We explain its ingredients and steps to follow.
Fruit nougat recipe
The fruit nougat recipe that we propose on this occasion is ideal for making a total of 2 medium-sized nougat tablets.
It will take you around 15 minutes to prepare, and in total about 4 hours approximately.
- 250 g of ground almonds
- 1 egg white
- 200 g of icing sugar
- 100 g of candied fruit (or candied)
- The zest of 1 lemon
How to make the fruit nougat:
- First of all we are going to proceed to chop the candied fruit into small sizes, reserving some larger pieces to decorate the outside of the nougat.
- Put the candied fruit in a large bowl, and add the egg white, ground almonds, icing sugar and lemon zest.
- Knead everything well until you get dough similar to that of plasticine. If necessary you can add more water or more almonds as necessary.
- Let the dough rest for at least 2 hours, in a cool, dry place.
- After this time, put a little candied fruit (of which we have previously reserved) at the bottom of the mold and fill it with the nougat dough that we have prepared, pressing it well.
- Reserve it again; cover it well, this time in the fridge for another 2 hours.
The result will be so deliciously wonderful that it is quite likely that you will be making it again in a few days. And you will not only love its flavor, but also its exquisite texture and its particular color.