When high cholesterol or triglycerides are diagnosed, there are prohibited foods that should not be consumed while the diet lasts to lower the high levels of fats in the blood. Discover the most outstanding.
Both cholesterol and high triglycerides become a serious health problem, especially when their levels remain high for long periods of time, since they are difficult to diagnose unless it is too late (and causes a cardiovascular problem ), or the person has a blood test.
In this sense, a blood test that measures the values of fats in the blood is always the best option when it comes to discovering –and knowing- how the cholesterol and triglyceride levels are. As you know, although cholesterol and triglycerides are essential for the proper functioning of our body, when they are at high levels they tend to accumulate in our arteries.
When a person is diagnosed with high cholesterol and / or triglycerides, the doctor indicates a diet with those forbidden foods and with which they can consume.
What are the prohibited foods in case of high cholesterol and triglycerides?
Obviously, most of the forbidden foods are those especially high in fat. It is usual that the main foods that are eliminated from the diet, or that at least it is indicated that they are consumed in a specific way, are those of animal origin (due to their high fat content). They are as follows:
- Fatty meats and sausages: cooked ham, serrano ham, bacon, chorizo, salami, sausages. Duck meat, processed and non-homemade hamburgers.
- Fish: canned in oil.
- Viscera : liver, kidneys, heart, brains.
- Seafood: prawns, oysters, prawns and shrimp.
- Egg yolk: it is rich in fat and calories. It is advisable to reduce your intake.
- Whole dairy products: especially cream and milk cream, as well as whole milk. Also hard cheeses and butters.
- Sweets and pastries.
- Salty snacks.
- Fried foods.
- Fat sauces.
- Oils: coconut and palm oil.