Learn about some of the foods that help fight diabetes (either type 1 or 2 diabetes) and fight blood glucose spikes.
It should be remembered in this case, and before dealing with these foods precisely, that diabetes is the increase in sugar (glucose) levels in the blood, at a rate higher than 110 mg / dl. Blood. A condition known as hyperglycemia.
Foods that help fight diabetes
- Chicken. A few weeks ago we were able to see a very interesting study through which it had been possible to know, as it was not in vain that it had been suspected for years, that chicken soup – and the chicken itself – helped reduce blood pressure. Well, when it comes to diabetes, chicken (and especially the thighs) help fight diabetes, since it is high in zinc. Of course, you should not forget to cook it without skin, and roast or in the oven, in such a way that it is not recommended to eat it fried.
- Onion. Regardless of whether it is eaten cooked or raw, onion helps reduce blood sugar levels. It is believed that the cause could be found in influencing glucose metabolism in the liver, or in the release of insulin.
- Dairy products. Many people who suffer from type 2 diabetes are mostly deficient in zinc, so they are always advised to take foods that provide it, such as chicken and, in this case at hand, those derived from milk, as they are more important.
One recommendation: it is much better to take fat – free and, if possible, enriched with vitamins those that tend to lose in the packaging process, as in the case of vitamin E.
- Broccoli. It is rich in chromium, improving the effectiveness of insulin and tending to regulate, therefore, its levels in the body, helping in cases of imbalance in the level of glucose in the blood.
- Whole wheat pasta. It is an important and excellent source of energy for diabetics, as it is composed of complex carbohydrates (slow absorption), which makes the passage of glucose into the blood is gradual.