Exercise is useful to lose those extra pounds, and in fact it is recommended when you want to enjoy better health. Know which exercise is best for you.
There is no doubt that the best exercise to lose weight is the one that gives us the possibility of expending more calories in the least amount of time possible. And, in addition, that energy consumption is higher in terms of caloric consumption. The key is not only to exercise to lose weight, but to compensate for that weight loss with muscle exercises, which allow you to lose fat but gain muscle.
The exercise, practiced regularly at the least three times a week (and for 30 minutes daily), is critical when you want to enjoy good health. There are several benefits of exercise, especially in the one we find in one that is practiced regularly every week, and at the right time and time. Not in vain, it is not only useful for taking care of health, but also for losing weight and losing weight.
In what precisely refers to the most suitable and interesting exercise to lose weight, aerobic activities such as riding a bike, dancing, running or walking stand out. But for how long should we practice it, how many times a week, and above all, what type of physical exercise to choose?
How many calories are burned according to the physical exercise we do?
Most experts agree that aerobic exercise is the most appropriate when it comes to losing weight. Why? Mainly because they help to improve the activity of our metabolism, by increasing its ability to transform fat into a source of energy for the body. It has a moderate intensity, which keeping it between 30 to 60 minutes helps to improve health and cardiorespiratory capacity.
Among other aspects, it strengthens the heart and lungs, provides better cardiovascular conditioning, is useful for reducing fat (being extremely suitable when overweight), and is also useful for increasing healthy cholesterol levels.
But, how many calories are burned per hour, depending on the type of physical exercise that we are going to practice?
- Running: up to 606 calories per hour.
- Hiking: up to 438 calories per hour.
- Walking: up to 314 calories per hour.
- Spinning: up to 600 calories per hour.
- Swimming: up to 423 calories per hour.
- Cycling: up to 292 calories per hour.
Likewise, depending on whether or not we practice physical exercise in the gym, depending on the type of activity, the calories burned per hours are as follows:
- Step: up to 500 calories per hour.
- Running on the treadmill – up to 650 calories per hour.
- Body Pump: up to 500 calories per hour.
- Elliptical: up to 450 calories per hour.
The best? Combine aerobic with anaerobic exercise
But to lose weight correctly with the practice of physical exercise, and also to do it properly, it is vitally important that the loss of fat is complemented by the increase in muscle. Since, on the contrary, we will not only be losing fat but also muscles. Therefore, muscle exercises offer the possibility of combating flaccidity, so common in fat loss.
Most experts advise doing strength training exercises at least twice a week, using weight machines to help define the body. In this sense, for example, it is appropriate to perform a weekly minimum of 150 minutes of moderate aerobic physical exercise, or 75 minutes of intense aerobic exercise, and strength training twice a week.
In short, some simple tips to exercise and lose weight
When practicing exercise to lose weight, especially that which is practiced mainly with this basic objective, it is advisable to follow a series of guidelines or basic questions:
- The exercise should last from 30 to 60 minutes, since after half an hour we begin to burn fat. Therefore, the most appropriate thing is to try to dedicate to physical exercise a minimum of 45 minutes in a row.
- It is best to exercise at least three days a week. In case you can have more days, then even better.
- Don’t forget to never drink enough water after you finish exercising. In this way you will replace the fluids that you have lost during it (be careful, do not confuse liquids with burned fats, they are very different things).
- And as it cannot be less, it is essential to stretch before and after exercise.