You don’t know what to prepare for this Christmas and are you passionate about fish? Discover these ideas of menus with fish ideal for Christmas 2017. As delicious as it is exquisite.
This year we have included some changes, we will prepare complete menus with your starter, first course, second course and of course the dessert that should not be missing even a little bit.
Dessert, that delicious and sweet snack so essential to finish a good Christmas dinner or Christmas lunch.
We must also point out that dessert does not always have to be a sweet, we can also eat a piece of fresh fruit or fresh fruit salad for dessert, making dessert a very healthy option.
If you want to see more Christmas recipes published in a previous Christmas post, you can see them by visiting one of these links that we provide below
Christmas fish menu
To prepare this simple and delicious menu we have chosen tuna, salmon, and small squid or squid, and for dessert fresh fruit salad with yogurt cream.
Cherries tomato bites (starter)
Cherries tomato sandwiches are a light starter, they are very rich, simple to prepare and will help us “make our mouths”, as they say.
If the cherry tomatoes are very small, we can make more of them so that the starter is not too small.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 2 cherry tomatoes for each person, (24 cherry tomatoes).
- 2 ripe avocados.
- A can of natural tuna, (without oil).
- A lemon.
- A pinch of ground black pepper.
- A pinch of salt.
- A splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Squares of sponge cake, or thin slices of toast.
- We wash the tomatoes, cut the top and remove the seeds. We reserve the upper part to cover them later.
- We cut the avocados in half, we remove the bone and the skin.
- We put the avocado pulp in the blender glass and add a few drops of squeezed lemon, the tuna, a little salt, a little ground black pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and beat well.
- We are filling the cherrys tomatoes one by one with this mixture and then once filled we put the small piece of tomato that we had cut as a lid on top.
- Next, you place each of the cherry tomatoes on a small square of sponge cake or a slice of bread.
- We present cherrys tomatoes to take to the table on a beautiful tray or plates.
Lamb lettuce salad with salmon (first course)
We have chosen the lamb’s lettuce to prepare this salad, if we can’t get them we can also make it with spinach, arugula, lettuce heads, or with a mix of lettuce.
- 2 bags of fresh lamb’s lettuce.
- 300 grams of smoked salmon.
- 250 grams of fresh cheese in small cubes.
- 3 tablespoons of capers.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Apple vinager.
- We wash the lamb’s lettuce well and let it drain a little on a colander.
- We cut the salmon into small pieces.
- In a salad bowl or platter we put the lamb’s lettuce, the salmon, the capers, the cheese cubes, a little salt.
- Add a good dash of virgin olive oil, a dash of apple cider vinegar, and stir everything well so that the salad is well seasoned.
- At the time of presenting the salad, we will present it accompanied by some bread croutons on top.
Squid stew (second course)
Apart from our recipe, which we have prepared with small squid or squid, we like to recommend other ingredients such as cuttlefish or cuttlefish, squid, large squid that in this case we would chop up or small octopus.
- A kilo of squid.
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 4 Italian green peppers.
- One large onion or two small ones.
- 8 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- A pinch of ground black pepper.
- A teaspoon of sweet pepper.
- We wash the squid well, clean their interior and remove the tentacles. Cut the body of the squid into small slices and the tentacles into small pieces. Add a little salt on top and stir.
- We wash the peppers and cut them into thin strips. We remove the skin to the garlic cloves and the onion and we chop everything in a small way.
- In a cauldron we heat the olive oil to fry the onion, the garlic cloves and the pepper strips over low heat.
- When everything is poached, add the squid, raise the heat and sauté for about five minutes, stirring. Add the pepper, the sweet paprika and mix.
- We cover the stew with a little water, cook over low heat for about 15 minutes. Then with medium heat we cook for another 10 minutes, until we notice that the broth reduces a little and the squid are tender.
We serve the warm squid stew, in plates or small clay pots.
Fruit salad with yogurt cream (dessert)
The fruit salad can be made with fresh fruit or with industrial fruit salad in syrup. If we use a fruit salad in syrup, we will open the can and drain the syrup well.
To prepare the fruit salad with fresh fruit we can use the fruit that is in season, oranges, kiwis, tangerines, persimmons, grapes, papaya.
- 4 skimmed yogurts.
- A tub of mascarpone cheese.
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
- 5 kiwis cut into small cubes.
- 2 oranges cut into small cubes.
- A good handful of seedless grapes.
- 2 tablespoons of crunchy almonds.
- 10 crushed sponge cakes.
- We remove the skin from the kiwis, the oranges and cut everything into small cubes.
- We wash the grapes, cut them in half.
- We crush the sponge cakes and reserve.
- In the blender glass we put the yogurts, the mascarpone cheese, the honey and beat everything well.
- Next we will try to assemble the dessert in layers, we give an idea for a layer of each ingredient, but we can add as many layers as we want, it will depend on the glass or container in which we present the dessert.
- In each dessert glass we put one or two tablespoons of sponge cake in the bottom.
- We add one or two tablespoons of yogurt cream, then a layer of chopped fruits, another layer of yogurt cream on top and to finish a little almond crunch.
Enjoy your meal! From Natursan we wish everyone a Merry Christmas!